Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 24-12-13, 04:37 PM
DiyEyal DiyEyal is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 70
Why birds in video games look so unrealistic

I have never seen a game that a flying bird look even half decent


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24-12-13, 04:42 PM
Noz_God's Avatar
Noz_God Noz_God is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cumbria, The Lakes
Posts: 184
lol nice
__________________
My Rig|| Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z || CPU: i7 2700k @ 4.6, 1.35v || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1070 SC ||
Memory: 16GB - G Skills Ripjaws Z @ 1866 || SSD: Crucial M4 128GB (OS) || HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (Games) || Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X || CPU + Mobo Cooling: Custom water cooling || Power Supply: Corsair TX950w ||
Case: Coolermaster HAF X

OC3D Overclockers Club Member #018
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-12-13, 04:43 PM
SeekaX SeekaX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,757
that's because of polygon limits, also realistic feathers are very heavy on the resources.
nobody takes a close look at the birds, so why waste resources on them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24-12-13, 04:52 PM
DiyEyal DiyEyal is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
that's because of polygon limits, also realistic feathers are very heavy on the resources.
nobody takes a close look at the birds, so why waste resources on them.
I wasn't talking about graphicly, but the physics on the flight looks.. horrible
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24-12-13, 05:33 PM
S_I_N's Avatar
S_I_N S_I_N is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,635
is the game about birds?? Can ya shoot them??? if no then why bother its just eye candy for the most part. Be grateful the put them in at all.

sry after reading that it came off as rude I just meant for a funny lol no insult intended
__________________


Intel 7700K
Aorus Z270 Gaming K7
2x8GB GSKILL Trident Z 3200MHz
Intel SSD6 256Gb x2 in Raid 0
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
EVGA GTX1080 FTW2 iCX Heat Killer IV block
Custom water Cooled Hardware Labs GTS360/240
ThermalTake Grand RGB 1000w PSU
Corsair Crystal 570X

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24-12-13, 05:36 PM
Wraith's Avatar
Wraith Wraith is offline
Bettyswollocks
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the Moon.
Posts: 7,614
S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider... all seem pretty decent to me. Especially in stalker they make great target practice.
__________________
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24-12-13, 05:36 PM
DiyEyal DiyEyal is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_I_N View Post
is the game about birds?? Can ya shoot them??? if no then why bother its just eye candy for the most part. Be grateful the put them in at all.

sry after reading that it came off as rude I just meant for a funny lol no insult intended
Non taken, I still think that they shouldn't put a bird in the game if they are not planning to make it right..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24-12-13, 05:36 PM
QuietOne's Avatar
QuietOne QuietOne is offline
always shouting
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: On your screen
Posts: 1,130
They should look like that.

__________________

Wonderful signature by Wraithguard!
Member #045 of the official OC3D OC Club.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24-12-13, 05:41 PM
DiyEyal DiyEyal is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider... all seem pretty decent to me. Especially in stalker they make great target practice.
I haven't played any of them yet..
I bought tomb raider, I just haven't finished the download yet.. (hate my ISP)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24-12-13, 06:01 PM
SeekaX SeekaX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiyEyal View Post
Non taken, I still think that they shouldn't put a bird in the game if they are not planning to make it right..
mate processing power doesn't grow on trees.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 05:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.