Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 09-10-13, 09:05 PM
OC3D Crew

All I see is some guy has a problem with his mobo, sends it back and scan cant find a problem with it. He throws a hissy fit on facebook and the scan guy is trying to help him out. The guy then spouts out some story about how scan didnt do this or that and calls the scan guy a and says the way they treat their customers is e.

Then you have loads of others just bandwagoning.

Personally I havnt had any issues with scan apart from when I bought my braided cables I am positive the site said it was for the AX760 but I was sent the AXi version but a quick RMA later and it was sorted.

I havn't really had any bad experiences with scan or overclockers tbh wish the same could be said about Komplett.ie who impose a 500e limit on debit card payments which is retarded when some gpus are over that alone and the bank will allow me to spend what I like as long as I informed them. I have never had as much hassle trying to buy something from an online retailer and I have bought tons when you count all the car stuff I have bought.

Case: Cosmos 2 Cpu: 3930k @ 4.6 ghz Mobo: Sabertooth CoolerH100 with Sp120 Quiet ed Ram: 16GB Vengence Gpu: Gtx 680 Sli w/ EVGA Backplates Psu: Ax760 Hdd: 2TB seagate green Ssd: 120GB Corsair Force GT + 240GB Sandisk Extreme
Nr. #002
Old 09-10-13, 09:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
Did they have to nag and threaten Scan to get their parts?
I had to do just that with Scan.
Old 09-10-13, 09:56 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepas View Post
I had to do just that with Scan.
I had to do just that with:
Aria
WAE+
CCL (sadly)
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 10-10-13, 06:38 AM
OC3D Elite

Never had a problem with Scan really myself, always recommend them to people.

I won't be recommending Scan for watercooling kit in the future, after using Specialtech since they offer a much wider selection and deal with issues really quickly.
Old 10-10-13, 06:54 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
I won't be recommending them though for Watercooling kit from now on though, as after using a receiving really good service from them and them having more components than Scan.
Who do you mean by 'them'?

Old 10-10-13, 09:01 AM
The Webmaster

@B3rni3, isn't the Komplett limit thing something to do with a gambling law or something over there? I had a mate in Norway who had issues with that as well
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 10-10-13, 10:30 AM
OC3D Crew

I dont know about over in Norway but in Ireland we have an anti theft thingy with our banks so we have to say to them if we are spending large amounts via a debit card and they will allow us to buy whatever we want. Its just to stop fraud.

But when I went to buy something off Komplett they said it was the way they worked and if I wanted to buy anything over 500e I had to pay in person which meant driving to Dublin which was out of the question.

Case: Cosmos 2 Cpu: 3930k @ 4.6 ghz Mobo: Sabertooth CoolerH100 with Sp120 Quiet ed Ram: 16GB Vengence Gpu: Gtx 680 Sli w/ EVGA Backplates Psu: Ax760 Hdd: 2TB seagate green Ssd: 120GB Corsair Force GT + 240GB Sandisk Extreme
Nr. #002
Old 10-10-13, 11:15 AM

I think Scan's staffs are doing alright.

The customer simply got some friends and rages on fb trying to force Scan to back down and refund an item which they couldn't find the faults reported by the customer. And being reluctant to help the testing team to replicate the fault is just a sign that he may be simply trying to return an opened product by claiming a fault which never exist. Not to mention the insults to testing team.
Old 10-10-13, 12:04 PM
OC3D Elite

I'm a little more cautious with Scan these days.
I have heard some major horror stories about their RMAs.

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=45187

A read of that thread should open some minds a little more. I have heard many cases of people sending back motherboards, and have been told there's thermal paste in the socket, or bent pins, which weren't there when they sent it.

I tend to avoid them for things like motherboards and GPUs which are probably about the main two things that end up going wrong in systems. I don't mind buying smaller less expensive items from them though, and if I were to have problems, I'd try to go straight to the manufacturer if at all possible.
Old 10-10-13, 02:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy View Post
Who do you mean by 'them'?

Just looked at that again and wow it doesn't make sense at all

What I meant to say is that I won't be recommending Scan for watercooling kit in the future, after using Specialtech since they offer a much wider selection and deal with issues really quickly.

**Edit**

Seems the person complaining has now had this issue resolved.

They have posted in the thread over on Linus Tech Tip's forums.

Saying Scan and him have come to a resolution.

No details but I can only assume they got fed up of the abuse and refunded the guy.