Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 23-08-13, 07:22 AM
The Webmaster

Virgin FML Media

So I moved house last weekend, I'd arrange for the BB and TV to be moved on that day, that I wouldn't need an engineer because I'm perfectly capable of plugging in my Tivo and modem and stuff, I'll activate over the phone. But they booked an engineer anyway for the following Friday (today) Just in case it wasn't working... I could cancel this if I got it up and running.

Saturday comes, we move, we pipe it in, nothing's on so we do the 'activation call' Spend about 30 minutes on the phone, the usual thing no problem and within an hour we're up and running. Great! They'll cancel the engineer and I don't need to worry about it..

Wrong...

Yesterday I get the obligatory "You have an engineer booked for tomorrow, text us with Cancel + your postcode to cancel" Text message Okay, well I don't want to waste this guy's time, I know that would annoy me, I'll cancel the dude.

Get home lastnight and they've completely switched us off, all services cut off. Okay, maybe we just need to re-activate it..
0845 454 1111 (yes, a fricking 0845 number) 10 minutes on hold, 20 minutes talking to person A) who then says it needs activating (yes that's why i'm calling dear)

From this point on, quote marks mean one of the Monkeys at Virgin Media (none of whom speak good english)

"I'll put you through" okay great, here's my Mac code, turn it on please, "Err it's not registered to your name"

What... it's been on all week?!

"Yes, I'm seeing here (he said that a lot) that the installation has been cancelled, the transfer has been cancelled".

Right.. I've been online all week I activated this last weekend and now it's cancelled.. I was told to cancel the engineer if it worked and now you've cancelled the entire transfer order?

"Yes, I'm seeing here that the installation, the transfer has been cancelled"

yes I heard you the first time, can we un-cancel it?

"Erm, let me see here, erm It's telling me that the err, the installation and transfer has been cancelled"

(at this point I'm getting wound up)

So, how do I turn this back on, can you activate it now?

"Let me see what i can do for you today sir, I can book you in, the next installation is the 28th"

What?! I've hooked it up, I activated it and it was working until now, why can't you just turn the thing on?

"Erm, sorry let me see here, It's telling me that the err, the installation and transfer has been cancelled"

YES I KNOW that, I completely comprehend and understand that it's been cancelled, turn it back on!

This went on for a few more rinse-repeats.. and I'm fuming, I haven't raised my voice yet, I haven't lost my cool, I'm literally about 10000 degrees inside and I have to do, turn my ing internet on...

Right I'm sorry to interrupt you telling me this for the tenth time, you're obviously not understanding what I want, Can i talk to your manager/the next guy in the chain.

"well if you talk to them, they are just going to tell you you need to talk to this department and we handle transfers so you will just come back to me"

Right, so what do I need to tell you, to get this working today?

"I can book you in for the 28th, because i can see here.." (You can see where this sentence is going)

YES I understand, dude, put me through to your manager

"Give me a moment please I'll just go fetch my manager"

(10 minutes of silence)

"Hello sir, yes I'm sorry my manager is busy, however can i offer you £15 off your next bill"

Right, I don't understand why you can't just activate this thing, I'm paying the bill, I'm already a month ahead, I've hooked it up it worked and now it's off, can you please, just turn it back on.

"I am seeing here" (I cut him off)

I know what you're seeing there, but it was working, and you've cancelled it.

(he changes tactic)

"I think you might have been using the previous tenant's account"

woh, hang on, no mate, It didn't work when I got here, I activated it then and now it doesn't work... It's reg'd to my account, or at least it was until your 'cancelleable' engineer went and screwed up my week..

Okay new idea, what if I rebook the installation in for the 28th since that is apparently my only option, and I'll re-activate it over the phone once the order is placed

"yes lets do that, i can't guarantee it will activate straight away"

Now we go through the whole process of what package, how much, where to, what address and all the other Bull you have to go through, it's booked in, i have him confirming it etc.

Right okay, can we try activating it

"oh no sir that department closed 30 minutes ago"

TL;DR
So yeah I'm offline for no reason other than an order being cancelled which was already finished until the 28th and I didn't murder anyone, but I might.

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 23-08-13, 09:32 AM

I don't see what the big deal is here Sub. From what i can see here, the installation was cancelled.

Old 23-08-13, 09:33 AM
The Webmaster

I'm a murder me an Irishman before this week is out.. I swear
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz DDR4 | nVidia RTX 2080Ti | Creative Audigy Rx | 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM850 | Fractal Define S | Noctua NH-U14S | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro

Old 23-08-13, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
I'm a murder me an Irishman before this week is out.. I swear
Let me see here, I'm afraid this week is out of the question, I can however transfer that murder to next week. How about say, the 28th?
Old 23-08-13, 09:38 AM
The Webmaster

I have your phone number and your work address sir. Don't toy with me. It will go on the internets

Old 23-08-13, 09:40 AM
too many shrooms

you did well to keep calm sub, i would of blew my top
Old 23-08-13, 09:41 AM
OC3D Elite

LOL! It's a joke, they all say the same thing.

Was he Irish? The way he speaks is usually what the Asians say, and then they do that as well "Oh sorry my manager is in a meeting...but we can knock some money off your next bill" they are exactly like mobile phone companies.

I don't understand why you NEED an engineer out aswell. They could of had an extra £20 off me for Sky in my room, all they had to do was send the box. I don't want any engineer messing on my TV, it cost a fortune, it's all personalized how I want it, so I don't want him messing around. So I told them to forget it. They nearly hit triple figures on my monthly bill, but no.
Old 23-08-13, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
I have your phone number and your work address sir. Don't toy with me. It will go on the internets
Come on Sub. We all know you don't have internets.

Alright, Im done. Ima leave you alone.
Old 23-08-13, 09:48 AM
OC3D Elite

Hahaha I like that last one Viper. :')
Old 23-08-13, 10:01 AM
The Webmaster

@Tripp I came SO close to swearing, but I heald my cool, just.

@Shaun, no not Irish, I tend to get Irish lads when I called apple, i dunno what language was his first but he didn't seem to understand that he was just repeating a completely pointless statement, and that i was getting more and more furious every time he said it.

@Viper 00 353 87