Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards

Old 15-02-18, 07:08 PM
OC3D Elite

That's a scam. 100%, it's the same seller.

Old 15-02-18, 07:29 PM
OC3D Elite

We won't know until the new cards launch what prices will do, IMHO, and I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed higher*. I'd either need a second job or be adopted by Kaapstad

*BitTech its interpretation from a statement made by Nvidia during their earning call: "Heading into the first quarter of its 2019 financial year - which takes place in calendar year 2018, confusingly enough - Nvidia projected $2.9 billion in revenue on a healthy 62.7 percent profit margin - suggesting it has no intentions of reducing the retail price of its products any time soon."
Asus Z370 Maximus X Hero | Intel Core i7-8700K 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 | G.Skill Trident Z 3333MHz CL16 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p | Windows 10 Pro x64
Old 15-02-18, 07:50 PM

Damit !!!!
Old 15-02-18, 09:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheF34RChannel View Post
We won't know until the new cards launch what prices will do, IMHO, and I wouldn't be surprised if they stayed higher*. I'd either need a second job or be adopted by Kaapstad

*BitTech its interpretation from a statement made by Nvidia during their earning call: "Heading into the first quarter of its 2019 financial year - which takes place in calendar year 2018, confusingly enough - Nvidia projected $2.9 billion in revenue on a healthy 62.7 percent profit margin - suggesting it has no intentions of reducing the retail price of its products any time soon."
From watching the market for over ten years I can tell you exactly what will/will not happen tbh.

1. Nvidia have a load of cards left over so sell them in bulk to some one like MSI (highly improbable, due to the massive shortage) Places like OCUK get an exclusive deal (like when they used to get failed Lightnings from MSI) and they will be reasonably cheap. However, this ain't normal times so I highly doubt that will happen.

2. As I have seen in the past, left over GPUs will hold their price or even get more expensive. Retailers do this because they know people may want to go SLi or what not so there's no point dropping the price.

3. The 10 series will up and vanish, quote, (from Shawshank) like a fart in the wind.

I highly suspect number 3

Bold move of Nvid to make pure mining cards though. Mind you, I guess they see it as "Less for more". And at least they are trying to actually do something to leave gamers with some GPUs to buy.

I sold my GTX 950 tonight. In exactly 43 seconds. That is how poor the GPU market is right now. And I got £55 for it.

Old 26-04-18, 04:18 PM
OC3D Crew

Saved up my pennies for the next gen when ever they come out,nvidia have been very quiet.
Old 26-04-18, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Computex is not far off in the future , could be they are planing a surprise launch , or just playing with our emotions