Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Corsair Customer Care Forum

Old 05-03-18, 02:32 AM
Bettyswollocks

I have the Corsair H100i V2 with the same pump top and depending on which angle you look at it either above or below the glow is different from top to bottom that's just how the light passes behind the plate.

Old 05-03-18, 09:01 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
To be fair the pictures you posted aren't the same. The product image the pump is not even on. So it's not lit up.

Whereas yours is. So not false advertising. Plenty of reviews out there you could look at.

Not saying you are wrong on how you think it should look, just taking it slightly over the top.

But this never really has been a focal point for customer support here. So if you want it fixed I suggest the actual Corsair page and just link to this thread for them to reference. Hope that helps
Here is the product on the corsair website with the pump lit up :

Here is the pump with the led off :

So I think you got your fact wrong there matey because with the led on it looks like this :
Old 05-03-18, 09:38 AM
OC3D Elite

Can it be that the Gray cap has come away from the block slightly?

Never seen one up close so not sure if that is removable or not. From picures I have seen (which arent many since most builds on google dont use the led lights) light should not be visible from the top and bottom. Only the logo.

edit*

There will always be a small amount of light bleeding through which can't be helped. but yours isnt right. I'm seeing some blocks with different coloured cap so I guess it is removable.
Old 05-03-18, 12:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
The light bleed is as intended for all of the pumps with this styling.
What pi$$es me of is that Corsair Nick says that the light bleed is intended. Then why dont they put it on there product page with light bleed ? ? ?

It looks SH*t on my build and I have zero lightbleed from the bottom, and this is why I say they are false advertyising and scamming customers :

Old 05-03-18, 01:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
What pi$$es me of is that Corsair Nick says that the light bleed is intended. Then why dont they put it on there product page with light bleed ? ? ?

It looks SH*t on my build and I have zero lightbleed from the bottom :

Perhaps the LED lighting strip is distorted or twisted facing upwards then. Can't see why you cannot open it up and take a look at it. It's only a plastic face covering it isnt it?

As for RMA. Really not sure they would RMA something just for that.

Corsair Nick has a point though. The glossy angled section above and below the cap is intended to reflect the colour bleeding into the case, discreetly. In your case though, the LED is not positioned correctly.
Old 05-03-18, 01:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Perhaps the LED lighting strip is distorted or twisted facing upwards then. Can't see why you cannot open it up and take a look at it. It's only a plastic face covering it isnt it?

As for RMA. Really not sure they would RMA something just for that.
Looking at all the other builds around the web they have exactly the same issue, lightbleed, some at the bottom some at the top and some from top and botom... I just want people to understand my point that Corsair are not accurately representing the product on the product page.
Old 05-03-18, 06:16 PM
OC3D Elite

And what gets on my nerves even more is that Corsair are quick to jump on and reply to new posts but when the questions get a bit tough they shut up shop !!!