Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
hmm. Careful you dont go OTT on RGB. If the light bleeds inside the case it will ruin all the contours and design. All you will see is a case washed out in a certain colour.
It's all controllable. I can switch the whole lot off if I want to I have separated it into zones, pretty much the same way the Alienware software does it, so I can turn off the inside but leave the outside and vice versa. Ram is on a separate channel to the halos, flow meter and LED strips. So yeah, each zone can be completely disabled.

Which after about three weeks is probably how it will end up lmao.

Ed. Don't quote me on this but I *think* you can dim the lights with the Farbwerk? I will find out soon enough I know you can on the Alienware lights by adding black.

Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM
OC3D Elite

You can do LOTS with the Farbwerk. Dimming is the tip of the iceberg.

Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Sweet, 'cause those ram sticks are awful bright lol.

That's basically why I tried to create the inside as neutral and reflective as possible. I can literally choose any colour I want and have a different rig every day that way. I don't like committing to one colour tbh, it's so 2008.

Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Got some spare time at last, I wanted to say a few words

First of all the bloopers which I thought were kinda funny!

That lovely pump cover I made didn't quite go as intended. It barely fits with a wedgie and the alien badge is not even visible lol. I will address that soon. Bad miscalculation though

Next up, fan extensions. I bought 6 on Amazon without checking the length. Turns out they are 150mm, so pretty useless lol. I have since ordered three more lots from ocuk, but each time my maths was crap and so I've ordered s fourth. I apologise profusely for this, as it must be annoying.

I was getting a smear on the floor screen from where it got warm and was pressing against the 3mm clear Plex layer. This has now been rectified.

What I wanted to say more than anything though was a huge thanks to all of you guys here (most namely Warchild, Cenedd and Bart for their help,advice,and suggestions.

One thing I've always liked about myself is that I can sense the constructive part of constructive criticism and see it as advice and use it positively whilst never EVER thinking that I am perfect or beyond blatantly good advice.

My log photos are never great, I talk too much but I listen,too.

So I doff my cap to you guys. I can't do this s**t without you and this place has been the rock for me and the build.