Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 20-06-19, 09:51 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
This.

Nvidia lost me as a customer when they went from a £699 1080 Ti to a £1199 2080 Ti which was only 27% faster on average.
This, and not just Turing. 770 vs 970, huge price increase, miss sold then to a 1070, another big price increase.

I have been using exclusively Nvidia cards since my Geforce 2. I have bought a total of 22 Nvidia cards in the life time that I have been building and using gaming PC's but the way they have treated their customers has been so awful in the last few years that I will only buy another if I have to.

I fully understand that things are not getting any cheaper but the fact they expect their customers to absorb every single cost and keep their margins high shows how little they care for their customers.

When I work on someones PC, i'll tidy up the cables with cable ties, I'll clean every area I come across, ill make sure my customer has virus protection on their device and their drivers are all up to date. I could charge for these things, an extra 10p per cable tie, a cleaning fee and a service fee for the antivirus installs and driver updates but I don't. These are things that I take the cost for because I want my clients to know they are getting what they have paid for. This is not the case for Nvidia, they have put all costs on their customers and are still bathing in the cash. Nvidia need to realise that their are costs with running a business and developing products and if they are high they need to lower their margins, gain customer confidence and improve their reputation. Right now they are moving towards the "designer" brand reputation and will be selling us a fans at an additional £1000 or PCI brackets as additional costs.

Old 21-06-19, 08:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
This.

Nvidia lost me as a customer when they went from a £699 1080 Ti to a £1199 2080 Ti which was only 27% faster on average.
Likewise. I was still a wee child when I was this disinterested in GPUs.
Old 21-06-19, 09:36 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I've honestly stopped paying attention to hardware in general. I remember a time when I literally knew every Intel CPU spec from their ark page. EVER CPU in the i series, from the Sandy to Haswell.

I don't remember much anymore.

I'm more interested in software now.
Old 23-06-19, 11:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I've honestly stopped paying attention to hardware in general. I remember a time when I literally knew every Intel CPU spec from their ark page. EVER CPU in the i series, from the Sandy to Haswell.

I don't remember much anymore.

I'm more interested in software now.
A kindred spirit! I'm exactly the same and have been disinterested for a while now.