Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #4021  
Old 31-07-19, 05:12 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 16,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
You can do per-CCX overclocking (or is it CCD?) with available tools. Lots of folks on OCN are experimenting with those things.
I just wish per core overclocking was possible/easy. It would be a killer feature for Ryzen, as it could fix a lot of the downsides of Ryzen overclocking.

__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #4022  
Old 31-07-19, 05:33 PM
Bartacus Bartacus is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 2,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I just wish per core overclocking was possible/easy. It would be a killer feature for Ryzen, as it could fix a lot of the downsides of Ryzen overclocking.
It is possible. Easy is a matter of learning, and perspective. It's easy for any geek. The big question is whether it's worth the headache or not. Is it really worth it, testing for hours to figure out which cores boost higher than others? Not to me, but YMMV. I'm content to wait for more BIOS updates. Once they get the major bugs squashed, and AGESA code is stabilized, then I'll look more into OCing and tweaking. I see no point in doing that now, other than for fun.
__________________
Guts: ThreadRipper 2950X / GB Aorus Xtreme X399 / 64GB TridentZ Royal 3600CL16 / Zotac GTX 1080Ti x2 / EVGA 1000W PSU
Storage: 6TB RAID0 NVME array (ADATA SX9200 Pro 2TB x 3)
Water Cooling: HeatKiller TR4-Pro CPU block / HeatKiller IV GPU blocks / 360mm Darskide LP360 rads x 3 / Heatkiller reservoir

Reply With Quote
  #4023  
Old 31-07-19, 05:44 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 16,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
It is possible. Easy is a matter of learning, and perspective. It's easy for any geek. The big question is whether it's worth the headache or not. Is it really worth it, testing for hours to figure out which cores boost higher than others? Not to me, but YMMV. I'm content to wait for more BIOS updates. Once they get the major bugs squashed, and AGESA code is stabilized, then I'll look more into OCing and tweaking. I see no point in doing that now, other than for fun.
I know there are ways to get it to work. I'd be trying to test this right now if I had Ryzen 3rd Gen hardware here. I'm just hearing that the process is a little tedius ATM.

What I mean is that I wish it was possible via the BIOS in the same way that it's possible on Intel platforms.
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #4024  
Old 31-07-19, 05:48 PM
Bartacus Bartacus is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posts: 2,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I know there are ways to get it to work. I'd be trying to test this right now if I had Ryzen 3rd Gen hardware here. I'm just hearing that the process is a little tedius ATM.

What I mean is that I wish it was possible via the BIOS in the same way that it's possible on Intel platforms.
Ahh, understood. Yeah it's ugly right now on X570, no matter what the rabid AMD fanboys say. Patience is a virtue.
__________________
Guts: ThreadRipper 2950X / GB Aorus Xtreme X399 / 64GB TridentZ Royal 3600CL16 / Zotac GTX 1080Ti x2 / EVGA 1000W PSU
Storage: 6TB RAID0 NVME array (ADATA SX9200 Pro 2TB x 3)
Water Cooling: HeatKiller TR4-Pro CPU block / HeatKiller IV GPU blocks / 360mm Darskide LP360 rads x 3 / Heatkiller reservoir

Reply With Quote
  #4025  
Old 31-07-19, 06:21 PM
tgrech tgrech is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,544
At least it should be easier to work out what the strong and weak cores are now if it does get simpler to do, by monitoring the per core frequencies in the chips stock config under load.
Reply With Quote
  #4026  
Old 21-08-19, 03:42 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 13,583
9900KS spotted in 3DMark, Basically the 9900K but with an all core boost of 5GHz, Will apparently be made available around Q4.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/in...in-3dmark.html
__________________
=Origin-Steam-Uplay-XBLive - Dicehunter=

Reply With Quote
  #4027  
Old 24-08-19, 02:14 PM
tgrech tgrech is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,544
A particularly funky cased PlayStation 5 dev kit seems to have leaked (& confirmed by Codemasters.)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matth...d-sony-patent/

Original Dutch article: https://nl.letsgodigital.org/spelcom...ion-5-console/
Reply With Quote
  #4028  
Old 24-08-19, 02:19 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 16,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
A particularly funky cased PlayStation 5 dev kit seems to have leaked (& confirmed by Codemasters.)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matth...d-sony-patent/
It looks to me that, like a lot of dev kits, that it is designed to be stacked on top of other dev kits for cooling purposes.
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #4029  
Old 24-08-19, 02:23 PM
tgrech tgrech is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,544
Yeah it does seem to have little recesses so they slot in nicely, I guess the increased surface area for the vents is probably necessary for this one can be so small compared to previous devkits (Edit: Actually it's not that small going from that disk drive size I guess it's just a monster chip or two hiding in there)

Reply With Quote
  #4030  
Old 29-08-19, 06:38 PM
Dicehunter's Avatar
Dicehunter Dicehunter is offline
Resident Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ye Olde England
Posts: 13,583
So Crytek just teased their new Cryengine update 5.6 and at 2:21 in the trailer the original Crysis 1 music starts playing, It shows Crysis 1 like terrain and it ends with a shot of the infamous beach scene, Now either they're going to release a remastered version of Crysis 1, Crysis 4 is going to be a thing or it's just a nod to Crysis 1 fans, I'm personally hoping it's either a remaster or Crysis 4.

__________________
=Origin-Steam-Uplay-XBLive - Dicehunter=

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 03:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.