Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 31-07-19, 05:12 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
You can do per-CCX overclocking (or is it CCD?) with available tools. Lots of folks on OCN are experimenting with those things.
I just wish per core overclocking was possible/easy. It would be a killer feature for Ryzen, as it could fix a lot of the downsides of Ryzen overclocking.

Old 31-07-19, 05:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I just wish per core overclocking was possible/easy. It would be a killer feature for Ryzen, as it could fix a lot of the downsides of Ryzen overclocking.
It is possible. Easy is a matter of learning, and perspective. It's easy for any geek. The big question is whether it's worth the headache or not. Is it really worth it, testing for hours to figure out which cores boost higher than others? Not to me, but YMMV. I'm content to wait for more BIOS updates. Once they get the major bugs squashed, and AGESA code is stabilized, then I'll look more into OCing and tweaking. I see no point in doing that now, other than for fun.

Old 31-07-19, 05:44 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
It is possible. Easy is a matter of learning, and perspective. It's easy for any geek. The big question is whether it's worth the headache or not. Is it really worth it, testing for hours to figure out which cores boost higher than others? Not to me, but YMMV. I'm content to wait for more BIOS updates. Once they get the major bugs squashed, and AGESA code is stabilized, then I'll look more into OCing and tweaking. I see no point in doing that now, other than for fun.
I know there are ways to get it to work. I'd be trying to test this right now if I had Ryzen 3rd Gen hardware here. I'm just hearing that the process is a little tedius ATM.

What I mean is that I wish it was possible via the BIOS in the same way that it's possible on Intel platforms.
Old 31-07-19, 05:48 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
I know there are ways to get it to work. I'd be trying to test this right now if I had Ryzen 3rd Gen hardware here. I'm just hearing that the process is a little tedius ATM.

What I mean is that I wish it was possible via the BIOS in the same way that it's possible on Intel platforms.
Ahh, understood. Yeah it's ugly right now on X570, no matter what the rabid AMD fanboys say. Patience is a virtue.

Old 31-07-19, 06:21 PM
OC3D Elite

At least it should be easier to work out what the strong and weak cores are now if it does get simpler to do, by monitoring the per core frequencies in the chips stock config under load.
Old 21-08-19, 03:42 PM
Resident Newb

9900KS spotted in 3DMark, Basically the 9900K but with an all core boost of 5GHz, Will apparently be made available around Q4.

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/in...in-3dmark.html

Old 24-08-19, 02:14 PM
OC3D Elite

A particularly funky cased PlayStation 5 dev kit seems to have leaked (& confirmed by Codemasters.)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matth...d-sony-patent/

Original Dutch article: https://nl.letsgodigital.org/spelcom...ion-5-console/
Old 24-08-19, 02:19 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
A particularly funky cased PlayStation 5 dev kit seems to have leaked (& confirmed by Codemasters.)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matth...d-sony-patent/
It looks to me that, like a lot of dev kits, that it is designed to be stacked on top of other dev kits for cooling purposes.
Old 24-08-19, 02:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah it does seem to have little recesses so they slot in nicely, I guess the increased surface area for the vents is probably necessary for this one can be so small compared to previous devkits (Edit: Actually it's not that small going from that disk drive size I guess it's just a monster chip or two hiding in there)

Old 29-08-19, 06:38 PM
Resident Newb

So Crytek just teased their new Cryengine update 5.6 and at 2:21 in the trailer the original Crysis 1 music starts playing, It shows Crysis 1 like terrain and it ends with a shot of the infamous beach scene, Now either they're going to release a remastered version of Crysis 1, Crysis 4 is going to be a thing or it's just a nod to Crysis 1 fans, I'm personally hoping it's either a remaster or Crysis 4.