Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Overclocking

Old 04-01-18, 09:30 PM

I've used their latest revision for my z370 Strix, but it still bug, sometimes fan speed get full speed, and sometimes it does not ramp up at all. Same goes for the latest AURA software, it works fine, but make my cpu 15% usage all the time (8700K)...uninstalled both, no more trouble. Fan control through bios is the key. I had the Rampage iv extreme, it had a terrible AISuite. Same goes for my old Sabertooth X99 (it was even more buggie). Just skip it, and all the crappy software for your mobo all together...

Old 04-01-18, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
I always use revo uninstaller

The fan control side is OK but Id not use anything else. Theirs is probably the best out of the big 3 but Id always say go manual in the bios and learn it. All the softwares only really apply profiles and the volts are ALWAYS too high
yup, uninstalled both with revo, it left a ton of S H I T behind. Revo did the trick.
Old 05-01-18, 09:35 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
I always use revo uninstaller

The fan control side is OK but Id not use anything else. Theirs is probably the best out of the big 3 but Id always say go manual in the bios and learn it. All the softwares only really apply profiles and the volts are ALWAYS too high
Hey boss,

You have probably had the most experience from all of us with AI suite. Question for you.

Did you ever experience boot ups into windows where the fan profiles would reset to default and ramp everything up to max?

I lost count how many times I had to run the wizard again to tune it down. Made me nervous about running my pumps through it in the end.
Old 05-01-18, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

i have had that issue , it would ramp all to max , then once it settled would leave chassis fan 3 on max , but at the moment ai suite doesn't work for me , since the latest security patch , lots of people on rog forum moaning about it
Old 09-01-18, 10:26 PM

AI Suite has never worked right for me from day one and that's going back quite a few years now. The two main issues for me has been Fan Profiles not loading on boot or just stopping completely at random points, and the second issue is trying to get it to fully work with the ASUS Front Base unit, an absolute nightmare of a thing and hardly any support from ASUS.

Last time I asked ASUS support for help over on ROG forum (gave up with emailing them) was on the 27/09/2017, still waiting on a reply.

Thankfully I managed to get the ASUS Front Base working, the most bizarre way to get it to work but its working, quite obviously a software/driver/firmware issue although they kept saying it was a faulty unit and I'd have to buy a new one.

Now I'm faced with a new issue, the latest Win 10 update from Microsoft (KB4056892 - OS Build 16299.192) on the 03/01/2018 prevents AI Suite from loading and stops the CPU frequency readout working on my ASUS Front Base.
Old 09-01-18, 10:31 PM
Advanced Member

theirs a beta version been released on the rog web site if you can find a link that works to down load it .. the patch really upset ai suite
Old 09-01-18, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie long View Post
theirs a beta version been released on the rog web site if you can find a link that works to down load it .. the patch really upset ai suite
Have it and tried it, won't work with my ASUS Front Base and the UI won't display
Old 19-01-18, 04:20 AM

well I am a fan of the Gigabyte utilities, cant think of better software to bog your system down

I just can't understand why Manufacturers release such garbage, it ends up making their product look cheap and nasty
Old 19-01-18, 07:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantaxe View Post
well I am a fan of the Gigabyte utilities, cant think of better software to bog your system down

I just can't understand why Manufacturers release such garbage, it ends up making their product look cheap and nasty
Not necessarily, since any enthusiast will admit, they don't install any of these poorly optimised softwares.

Most reviewers spend 90% of their time on the physical product anyway and skim through the software.