Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > MSI UK Forum

Old 23-01-16, 03:18 PM
OC3D Crew

Is there anyone from MSI here?

As the title says, looking to speak to someone from MSI.

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 23-01-16, 03:27 PM
OC3D Elite

They have a rep (Rawz) but he's more of a promotional rep than a direct rep.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 23-01-16, 04:56 PM
OC3D Crew

The first time I did an RMA with MSI it was relatively fast. The second and third time were not, waiting weeks between email responses.

Hoping someone on here could help speed up the process.

Chris.
Old 23-01-16, 04:59 PM
News Guru

you should be able to get a hold of RawZ on monday when the work week starts, he should be able to help you out.
Old 23-01-16, 05:15 PM
OC3D Crew

Awesome thanks. Hopefully he sees this.
Old 23-01-16, 05:19 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris230291 View Post
Awesome thanks. Hopefully he sees this.
He checks the MSI sub forum regularly, so he should see this.
Old 26-01-16, 10:42 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to MSIRawZ Send a message via Skype™ to MSIRawZ
Hey Chris.

What appears to be the trouble?
Old 27-01-16, 05:35 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSIRawZ View Post
Hey Chris.

What appears to be the trouble?
Hi. I've been having nothing but trouble with the GTX 780 Twin Frozr and MSI RMA department. I have 2 of them in SLI. The first card ran problem free for 11 months, then I started to get an annoying grinding noise coming from the fans. The MSI RMA department took care of it and replaced the card, the process from start to finish took 2-3 weeks. My second card, that was added later, stopped working all together about 8(?) months after purchase. My PC wouldn't post with it installed. I contacted the RMA department again and after waiting much longer than I did the first time, I got a replacement. A few weeks later the second card that was just replaced stopped working again, this time a different fault. After waiting literally weeks in between email responses from MSI, they finally replaced it for the second time.

Now that second card has stopped working yet again and I was hoping someone could help me get this sorted ASAP. I'm certain it's through no fault of my own that these cards keep breaking. I have a decent PSU and once installed these cards are left alone. I have done no BIOS flashing or overclocking at all.

Is there anything you can do to help me out here?

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 27-01-16, 06:05 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to MSIRawZ Send a message via Skype™ to MSIRawZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris230291 View Post
Hi. I've been having nothing but trouble with the GTX 780 Twin Frozr and MSI RMA department. I have 2 of them in SLI. The first card ran problem free for 11 months, then I started to get an annoying grinding noise coming from the fans. The MSI RMA department took care of it and replaced the card, the process from start to finish took 2-3 weeks. My second card, that was added later, stopped working all together about 8(?) months after purchase. My PC wouldn't post with it installed. I contacted the RMA department again and after waiting much longer than I did the first time, I got a replacement. A few weeks later the second card that was just replaced stopped working again, this time a different fault. After waiting literally weeks in between email responses from MSI, they finally replaced it for the second time.

Now that second card has stopped working yet again and I was hoping someone could help me get this sorted ASAP. I'm certain it's through no fault of my own that these cards keep breaking. I have a decent PSU and once installed these cards are left alone. I have done no BIOS flashing or overclocking at all.

Is there anything you can do to help me out here?

Cheers,
Chris.
Not good Sorry to hear these replacements keep breaking on you. I'm not sure why it could be to be honest. The obvious sign points to system error of some kind but it could literally be anything. What were the faults in the past and including this one?

I know it's not something you want to hear again but RMA'ing is your best option by contacting [email protected]. They will deal with this request and decide on the best resolution.

If they request that you need to ship the item to NL yourself please let me know and I'll ship it for you so you don't have to pay for shipping costs.
Old 27-01-16, 06:33 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSIRawZ View Post
Not good Sorry to hear these replacements keep breaking on you. I'm not sure why it could be to be honest. The obvious sign points to system error of some kind but it could literally be anything. What were the faults in the past and including this one?

I know it's not something you want to hear again but RMA'ing is your best option by contacting [email protected]. They will deal with this request and decide on the best resolution.

If they request that you need to ship the item to NL yourself please let me know and I'll ship it for you so you don't have to pay for shipping costs.
Thanks for the quick reply.

As I said, other than the problem with the fans on the first card, card number 1 have been fine.

Card number 2 just stopped working one day. I had no idea it was the card at fault until removing it allowed my system to post.

Card number 2, replacement 1 gave me graphical glitches shortly after receiving it before packing in all together.

Card number 2 replacement 2 (this one) has been fine for a long time. They shipped it to me on 7/7/2015 and has only just started to give me problems. With SLI enabled in fullscreen mode, games often crash on launch (Nvidia driver crash) and my system locks up requiring a hard reset. Running SLI with games in windowed borderless results in low choppy FPS, but no crash.

So why do I think card 2 is at fault? Card 2 seems to work perfectly well on it's own (so MSI RMA will likely see no fault), but even with SLI disabled and the card still installed in the system, some games have very small graphical glitches. Glitches that disappear when the card is removed.

I'm no expert but I cant see the problem being with card 1 based on the issues I'm having. When I say card 2 seems to work fin on it's own, it's running in the same PCI slot that it always has done, just with card 1 removed. I cant imagine it being a problem with my system as the faults aren't consistent on symptoms or timing. If cards were instantly breaking on boot, i'd say it was the system.

Maybe you can advise me on how to make certain which card is at fault before I contact the RMA department. Maybe both are at fault?

Also, I have done driver sweeps, rollbacks and fresh installs of windows. No joy there.

Thanks for the offer with the shipping but it wont cost me anything.

Cheers,
Chris

EDIT: Absolutely no idea if this is normal or not, but the 2nd card gives consistently poorer results in a stress test (both using same PCI slot)...

I cant tell any difference in games when each card is run solo. Both seem to run fine, they just dont like being together it seems :S

EDIT 2: That last comment I made gave me a eureka moment. I decided to test the SLI bridge and discovered one of the tracks was broken and not making contact. I replaced the bridge with a spare one and now I get no graphical glitches when running SLI in games and in furmark. However my PC still keeps crashing, even when not running any games or stress tests. I did spot a BSOD that mentioned something that turns out to be a GPU driver issue. I literally just installed an update from nvidia which did not help at all. My PC just hangs unexpectedly and occasionally decides to throws up a BSOD (varying error). I remove the second card and I get no issues what so ever. Doesn't seem to matter which card I remove, just not having 2 seems to stop the crashes.

Could a card fault have caused the SLI bridge to burn out? Maybe drawing too much current or something?

I'm really confused here. Any help is appreciated.