Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 18-06-17, 08:37 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Good ol' GT fans.
Or the Silverstone AP121s. Both older fans but amazing static pressure and both are quiet... More quiet than Corsair stuff. Those fans are overrated and only get praised because of Corsair. They wouldn't pass to Noctua's standards.

Old 18-06-17, 08:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Good ol' GT fans.
Or the Silverstone AP121s. Both older fans but amazing static pressure and both are quiet... More quiet than Corsair stuff. Those fans are overrated and only get praised because of Corsair. They wouldn't pass to Noctua's standards.
Agreed about them being overrated. I'll check those out, thanks! What brand are GT?
Old 18-06-17, 08:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Eloops.

And they couldn't prevent Jack from being happy
Old 18-06-17, 10:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Good ol' GT fans.
The Silverstone doesn't work well with fan filters, I tried several and they all got way louder as soon as you putted an dust filter next to it.
Old 18-06-17, 11:25 PM

If you don't care about noise and looks, San Ace H101 is the best there is that doesn't require it's own PSU. If you want the GTs, Dazmodea should have some clones on his website from darkside... some euro sites gave them ow

But honestly, Corsair MLs would be fine. Most will not notice any real difference in temps even with the GTs.
Old 19-06-17, 03:58 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
I am picky about the colours ha ha, need to be all black. I like ml but they are way overpriced here, keeping them in mind though. I'll get two anyway to replace the front intake fans. Not sure if I want LEDs on all fans; may show slightest hint of dust?
Trust me, they are well worth the price! I was really impressed with them, and I haven't been a big fan of Corsair products these last few years, but these fans are all what they claim to be.

But I will say this: If price matters more to you, go with Fractal's Venturi fan series. They are pretty good and don't have weird motor noise as far as I know. But ok they might only last a few years before they do, who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
The Silverstone doesn't work well with fan filters, I tried several and they all got way louder as soon as you putted an dust filter next to it.
Agreed. Tried those Silverstone as well, they were producing quite a lot of noise even at lowest RPM
Old 19-06-17, 04:56 AM
Bettyswollocks

I agree with Tolagarf and can vouch for the Fractal fans, I've been sponsored the Venturis' and they are epic quiet and shift a butt tonne of air, however they only come in Black if you're wanting a touch of colour try Fractals Dynamic rage they are pretty much identical other than the anti vibration corners.

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 19-06-17, 11:55 AM
OC3D Elite

Thanks for all the help I'll look at Fractal as well, and all black is precisely what I am after.

Edit: yep those are my fans!

Edit 2: I'm actually going to replace all fans by Fractal ones: Fractal Design: Venturi High Pressure Series (PWM) 2x 120mm AIO (Venturi HP-12 PWM), Venturi High Flow (no PWM) 3x 140mm case fans (Venturi HF-14). Awesome and once again thanks for all the tips!
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Z170 | Intel i5-6600K 4.6GHz | Corsair H105 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 3GHz CL15 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix A8G | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p
Old 19-06-17, 06:41 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Gonna be an expensive swap
Old 19-06-17, 07:12 PM
OC3D Elite

€106 euro to be precise... Yep, expensive alright.
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Z170 | Intel i5-6600K 4.6GHz | Corsair H105 | Corsair Vengeance LPX 3GHz CL15 16GB | Asus GTX 1080 Strix A8G | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Crucial MX200 500 GB | 760T | Acer XB270HU 1440p