Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 19-06-17, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Well i'm looking forward to Coffee Lake-S I'm just a gamer.
Gamers Nexus shows that for a streamer its far better to get a capture mashine, than streaming from the gamer rig. Even with a 7900X

Old 19-06-17, 09:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korreborg View Post
Well i'm looking forward to Coffee Lake-S I'm just a gamer.
Gamers Nexus shows that for a streamer its far better to get a capture mashine, than streaming from the gamer rig. Even with a 7900X
I'm obsessed now and need to know what the deal is with CFL-S I honestly have a problem with ambiguity where I can't help but wonder about it. Honest truth.

Intel has got to release an epic hyperthreading 12MB L3 Coffee Lake-S for us gamers. The hypothetical problem with that is that on paper it completely undermines the 7800X? Despite my being worried that the lineup may launch without hyperthreading, I'm pretty sure that such a part leaked recently?

Is the bomb needing a new chipset? Which we already know. Argh it's killing me!

Edit: there we are:

Intel’s 6C/12T Coffee Lake Specs Leaked – 4.2GHz Clock Speed, 81W TDP

Surely the TDP is 95W?

Old 19-06-17, 10:33 PM
OC3D Crew

I am really sorry Tom for things turning out as they did. You are trying to have great relationship with all of them, and your word is worth more that signing any NDA. Too bad they all don't respect that. As for the CL bomb it is best for you to decide. If it will make some difference in the future intel's behaviour yea, throw it. I have noticed that you try to attract more audience, which is good, all that you do costs a lot of coins, more audience, more money, more content. I think i speak for all when i say you will always have the OC3D crew on the forums with you. It doesn't pay all the bills, but other terms it is way more than others have.

Thanks for another great review and honest opinion. Your friendly advice is everything one need for making decision about new purchase.
Old 19-06-17, 11:09 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I know this is a long shot Tom and you've said no in the past, but I would gladly become a patron if you made one. You shouldn't​ have to spend money to do reviews because certain companies don't care or are to scared of your honest opinion. If my money can help you buy the items you want to review and allow you to feel more secure because you don't have to suck up to anybody, then by all means you can get my donations every month.

In regards to paper vs tablet, I probably would choose tablet so you can save money on your ink and on paper. Just use the tablet for yourself and continue to put the graphs on screen.
Old 20-06-17, 04:02 AM
OC3D Elite

Thankyou Tom for making yet another informative video It's such a shame Intel screwed you the way they did BUT it just seems to be the way they are doing business ATM and then they wonder why all the hatred and negativity is coming their way, but that's what happens when you become arrogant I suppose.
TBH I don't think I could have been as restrained as you were considering it's actually impacting your income so full kudos to you on that front.

And I really agree with NBD I think it's past time you swallowed a bit of your pride and open a patreon account so that those of us who want to help provide a little bit extra can do so, It's not to make you feel bad or beg it's because we LOVE what you do and we want to help what you do when we can that's all.
Keep up the great work all at OC3D do!
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=Asus X370 ROG Crosshair VI Hero=16gig 3200Mhz GSkill Trident RGB= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB=Corsair AX1200i=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 20-06-17, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
And I really agree with NBD I think it's past time you swallowed a bit of your pride and open a patreon account so that those of us who want to help provide a little bit extra can do so, It's not to make you feel bad or beg it's because we LOVE what you do and we want to help what you do when we can that's all.
Keep up the great work all at OC3D do!
Agreed.

@Tom: Set yourself a goal, to keep you up an running(not publicly), and any money above that, use that to upgrade the channel. For instance Camera, Lighting and so on. In that way, you don't have to feel bad about it
Old 20-06-17, 09:22 AM
OC3D Elite

I did some rough price comparisons here in Straya and the 7900x is $1449 and the boards are $420-$850 and that's not even the top of the range stuff yet mostly.
Yet a 1700x/1800x is $439-$679 with boards $109-$439 so we are talking about a MASSIVE disparity in price for lets face it 2 more cores than the AMD chips at DOUBLE the price with higher heat and power draw WTF are Intel on crack or what and then when Threadripper does come out Intel are pretty much going to be dead in the water unless they reduce their prices massively
NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=Asus X370 ROG Crosshair VI Hero=16gig 3200Mhz GSkill Trident RGB= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB=Corsair AX1200i=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 20-06-17, 09:53 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The F34R Channel View Post
Tom, I have watched the video (twice actually):

Coffee Lake-S:

THIS. Barnes Wallis would expect no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I know this is a long shot Tom and you've said no in the past, but I would gladly become a patron if you made one. You shouldn't​ have to spend money to do reviews because certain companies don't care or are to scared of your honest opinion. If my money can help you buy the items you want to review and allow you to feel more secure because you don't have to suck up to anybody, then by all means you can get my donations every month.

In regards to paper vs tablet, I probably would choose tablet so you can save money on your ink and on paper. Just use the tablet for yourself and continue to put the graphs on screen.
Yes for sure a Patreon would get a lot of support. I know the US/North American culture is more gimme gimme gimme and that is at odds with the Anglocentric stiff upper lip, mums the word ethos but Tom you do have a business to run. I'd rather shoot you a tenner once a month than some Instagram babe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
I did some rough price comparisons here in Straya and the 7900x is $1449 and the boards are $420-$850 and that's not even the top of the range stuff yet mostly.
Yet a 1700x/1800x is $439-$679 with boards $109-$439 so we are talking about a MASSIVE disparity in price for lets face it 2 more cores than the AMD chips at DOUBLE the price with higher heat and power draw WTF are Intel on crack or what and then when Threadripper does come out Intel are pretty much going to be dead in the water unless they reduce their prices massively
I looked at the i9 and I was like what the? $1449!! I don't stream or render so I'm quite happily running my old 7700k.

I'm glad the performance is there at least in the new chips. Without Ryzen I think they would have charged the same for much less performance.

Old 20-06-17, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

I think it's going to be a waiting game. If threadripper is awesome, Intel will have to lower the prices.
Old 20-06-17, 10:25 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korreborg View Post
I think it's going to be a waiting game. If threadripper is awesome, Intel will have to lower the prices.
You need to guess at threadripper's performance? it's Ryzen.

Now whether it will clock to the 4ghz wall? that is the only unknown for me atm. Even without that though it's pretty easy to assume the performance using some simple maths.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly