Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Storage Mediums

Old 29-05-17, 01:42 AM
OC3D Crew

Full pc encryption programs?

I was thinking about all the important info I have on my pc. My financial documents and lots of other things on several drives. I was thinking about how much it would suck for my PC to be stolen along with my drives and all my private information. Any recomendations on programs that will encrypt all my drives, my entire PC. something easy and straight forward but in the case my PC was stolen would make getting my info impossible?

What are you guys using if anything?

Old 29-05-17, 02:34 AM
Bettyswollocks

I personally don't save passwords and any docs that are sensitive or that important, they just get saved externally on a thumbdrive and use Bitlocker to protect it. Alternatively you can use Bitlocker to encrypt certain files and folders on your system too. You'll find it in control panel.

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 29-05-17, 08:08 PM
OC3D Crew

Windows Bitlocker if you're on Windows and just want simplicity. Alternatively, I'd suggest Veracrypt. It's open source and has lots of cool features like plausible deniability and cascading encryption. It's based on Truecrypt which used to be the gold standard until it stopped being supported a few years ago. It may be overkill if you just want to protect some documents against would-be thieves, though.

https://www.veracrypt.fr/en/Home.html