Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Suggestions

Old 27-02-14, 04:30 PM

Stop demanding Facebook membership for competitions

deleted

Old 27-02-14, 04:33 PM
The Guvnor

Apologies but if you dont like it you just cant enter. The majority of our competitions will be done this way from now on.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 27-02-14, 04:35 PM

Why?

Why have you made Facebook membership a condition of your competition entry?
Old 27-02-14, 04:36 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljig View Post
I do not have AND I DO NOT WANT to join a social networking site because:
1) there will always be the chance that the site will be hacked and member details stolen.
2) when an account is deleted, the member's details will still remain in cyberspace on countless servers.
What if OC3D gets hacked? The same details would be stolen then. The saying "the internet never forgets" is very true for again, everything on the internet so social network sites are the same. Without the use of facebook TTL wouldn't get sufficient traffic/interest from people and thus no more competitions.
If you want to use the internet you've got to accept that your personal data is always at risk. If that bothers you alot then you shouldn't really be on it.
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 27-02-14, 04:38 PM
OC3D Elite

you have been a member since 2008 and all you've done is enter competitions, now the only two posts you ever contributed to this forum are about you disliking the competition's conditions.
you are disgusting.
Old 27-02-14, 04:38 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Why have you made Facebook membership a condition of your competition entry?
Sadly you are in the minority my friend. There may be competitions where you dont need it but its all a way to grow our social media presence. That and the vendors pretty much demand it. On the email you received you can hit unsubscribe if youre not happy about the way the whole industry does things now.

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 27-02-14, 04:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Ask yourself: How are these competitions made possible? By Tom recieving support and sponsorship from manufacturers. He gets that support because he advertises their products on here, and to a much wider audience on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Without social media promotion, there won't be any support, and no products, and no competitions.

It's not rocket science mate, and the fact that you contribute nothing to the community means you're not really in a position to make demands.

But you can of course make a choice, and your choice is to not enter any competitions and go buy the things you like.
Old 27-02-14, 04:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Please stop demanding membership of Facebook in order to be able to enter your competitions. By all means make it optional.

I do not have AND I DO NOT WANT to join a social networking site because:
1) there will always be the chance that the site will be hacked and member details stolen.
2) when an account is deleted, the member's details will still remain in cyberspace on countless servers.

I DO WANT to enter your competitions.

In the past I could enter your competitions but now a mandatory 'sign into Facebook' page opens up when I click enter.

Surely you cannot believe this is an improvement on security / site spamming?

PLEASE do not make it mandatory to have a Facebook account to be able to enter your competitions.
Lol, who are you again?

Make a dummy Facebook account, you don't have to use your own details just make them up. If Facebook gets hacked and your details are stolen, then you are at no risk because they are not your real details.
NZXT Switch 810 - Ryzeny 3600 - Gigabyte X570 Gaming - 32GB Corsair Platinum SE - MSI Gaming 1070 - Crucial MX100 256GB SSD - Crucial MX500 500GB SSD - Samsung F3 1TB HDD - Corsair H100 - Corsair RM1000i SE - Asus VE247H

PC Audio: Asus Xonar STX - Sennheiser HD650.
Portable Audio: FiiO X3II - Audiofly AF140 - Etymotic ER4s - Fidue A83.
Old 27-02-14, 04:44 PM

What? Did you just demand a pre-requisite for entering competitions be changed?

I mean, not to mention your account age and that your ONLY two posts have been on the topic of why you can't enter competitions, you just sound plain rude.

Also - stop being so paranoid about social networks. If you don't have anything to hide, there's absolutely nothing wrong with joining a social network. You just sound like you're scaremongering.

The worst thing that will happen if someone gets my facebook info - I'll get a few spam calls and that's about it.
Old 27-02-14, 04:46 PM

"since 2008"

To the previous poster who complained that all I've done since 2008 is enter competitions - tough.

To the poster who says chage in inevitable - go back and re-read what I wrote. I do not seek to remover Facebook membership, I simply wish to make it optional.

To the other poster who said the reason for Facebook is to draw in more people - and the 4th poster who said the same:

"He gets that support because he advertises their products on here, and to a much wider audience on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Without social media promotion, there won't be any support, and no products, and no competitions."

Please re-read what I wrote - I did not say removerFacebook, I said make it optional.

You don't need Facebook membership to enter a competition.

Tags
#competition #facebook