i7 3770k @ 4.5
SLI EVGA TITAN SC'd
MSI Z77 MPOWER
16GB CORSAIR VENGANCE LP
CORSAIR AX850 PSU
CORSAIR FORCE GT SSD
Switch 810
LG BLUERAY CUP HOLDER

To get it started I need to flick the switch on my PSU on and off a few times quickly and it seems to jolt it into life.

Just turning the PSU off for a while then turning it on and hitting the power button (the one on the mobo) does work. I have noticed something strange though. If I turn it off (the psu) for a while, come back and turn it on the light on the power button (on the mobo) lights up as does the blue light on the I/O panel, but when I press the mobo power button the I/O panel light goes out.

I've removed all my components to see if that'd get it working. I've tried using 2 of my ram sticks (I've 4x4MB ) and then alternating them. Nothing has worked for me.

So I suspect it's either the motherboard or the PSU. Has anyone experienced anything similar before? If so did you figure out which component had gone? Obviously I'd rather not go down the route of RMAing it part by part and spending a few months out of commission.

Many thanks,
Ulijin.

Rig Gallery:
http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=55766
Old 23-08-13, 10:31 AM
OC3D Elite

If you take out the power supply, 24pin and a molex cable, you can jump-start the PSU from the 24pin like you have to if you're watercooling:
http://seasonicusa.com/RMABeta/JumpStart/JS.pdf

Connect a fan or something to the molex cable and see if the fan starts. If it doesn't, you'll know it's an issue with the power supply, if it does, maybe put the PSU in a different rig and see how it goes?
Old 23-08-13, 12:04 PM

Thanks James, good suggestion! I'll try that when I get home.

Rig Gallery:
Old 23-08-13, 01:37 PM

Hey.

Personally I have seen a PC that had somewhat a similar problem. If the rig is off and so is the PSU power button, after turning everything on I would get the lights for a few seconds and then all died. After pressing a few times the power button it would manage to start the PC. If I would turn of the PC for 15 min everything world repeat itself.

I did not have a second powerful enough PSU to test the rig with, so what I did was connect the second weaker PSU to 50% of components and was jump-starting the whole thing with the green and black cable just like jamesriley94 recommended. This resulted in stable operation.

After getting a new PSU all was fine. But my discovery was that the PC I got from the person had a PSU that was operating on its specified limit of power output. This happen when he replaced the GPU and the power requirement went over the PSU capabilities, so after half a year of gaming is when the issues surfaced for him.
I think your current PSU should be enough for the specs you have, but do not quote me on that, dunno how much two Titans and a 3770k would require power wise especially if overclocked.

Once again like jamesriley94 called out, first try powering a fan with the PSU and then go from there and inform us.

Hope this helps
Old 23-08-13, 02:25 PM
OC3D Elite

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

thats what i use
Old 24-08-13, 12:30 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've tried bridging the PSU and it doesn't spin up the fan. Off I go to order a new one, then I'll RMA this one. Argh I hate the RMA process!

Rig Gallery:
Old 24-08-13, 02:44 AM
Advanced Member

I know how you feel about rma im rma ing a asus mobo lol
id would have gone with a 1000 watt psu an ax850 sounds a bit low to me
going by your rig it must be pulling something like 700 watts and doing any kind of overclocking well god know how much your pulling then
its a beast
Old 24-08-13, 10:11 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by son of spanner View Post
I know how you feel about rma im rma ing a asus mobo lol
id would have gone with a 1000 watt psu an ax850 sounds a bit low to me
going by your rig it must be pulling something like 700 watts and doing any kind of overclocking well god know how much your pulling then
its a beast
The AX850 should be absolutely fine for that.

I'd recommend you RMAing the PSU before buying a new one. Corsair are very quick on returns - and they'll most likely replace it with an AX860/(i).
Old 24-08-13, 10:42 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesriley94 View Post
The AX850 should be absolutely fine for that.

I'd recommend you RMAing the PSU before buying a new one. Corsair are very quick on returns - and they'll most likely replace it with an AX860/(i).

this i rma'd my ram and psu with corsair they do advanced rma basically send you the new parts via a courier and he also picks up the old ones at the same time

well they did that for me then my ram was litrally a day old 1 stick of 4 was DOA but as it was a complete set they had to replace the lot...the psu i had was actually 3 years old hx750w, they replaced it with a ax760w. i sold the old rig it was in a few months ago to fund my new upgrades just wish i kept the new psu oh well..
Bitfenix shinobi Limited Germany edition. 3 spectre 120 & 2 spectre 140fans. Core i5 3570k ,msi z77a g45,8gb gskill sniper,kfa2 infinity black gtx970, samsung 840 120gb ssd, samsung F1 750gb, WD cavier black 500gb, seagate barcuda 1tb,+320gb, win 7 ultimate 64, acer 23" 3dG235H microsoft CC keyboard, logitech G500 mouse
Old 24-08-13, 01:11 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. With both the diagnosis and RMA process.

I've already bought an AX860 so I'll wait for that. Wasteful I know but I can't go without my computer and have been burnt a few times by RMA processes so I'd rather not take the risk - although I do agree Corsair generally are very good.

Cheers,
Ulijin.

Rig Gallery: