Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 24-07-15, 11:32 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to BaxtertheFly
A few more days left, I will finish the mod before August

As i didnt want to post pictures that make no sence, posting pictures where only i could see the difference, i waited a bit and once i had done things i deem'd made a change, i made a little walktrough around what i have done and around the case...
The video is a bit on the longer side, and i got a bit confused with terminology i would be thrilled if you'd watch it

I will grab some batteries for my camera and that is one of the reasons i used camcorder now, and i will take some nice closeups tomorrow, also i will most likely put primer on the drawer piece

Old 29-07-15, 09:50 PM

UPDATE!!!, still not painting ran in to some work related issues :P but still sort of big update

1) The "Nose job":

2) FINALLY! Fan mount...

3) Polyester filler :

Hole for 24-pin done old fashion little plate style with |-type screws

It still needs sanding before painting, i corrected the edges and everything on the bodywork of the core part, i got fittings, and i did a hole for 24-pin
Old 26-08-15, 10:59 PM

Here is one long overdue update.. bodywork is taking much longer than i anticipated

I ended up saving me the trouble with doors that open like this.. so the original idea --- to the water

Made my life allot easier when it came to cooling fans can now be securely mounted to the side pannel XD

Also, now everything seems to fit perfectly >.>

And some finishing bodywork, tiny air bubbles gave me allot of problems after sanding...

In the end it was worth it... Just perfect

Also, one more idea that took me, Idiot, almost entire day and it was complete bust!

Also, i figured that if i paint over the dry body kit, it will give it a bit of strength so i ended up doing that and it made my life easier, I paint it when i am done, and than, when i am back from work tomorrow its nice and solid, doing this saved me from allot of scratches

The back fan mounted ( the one that cools the back of the socket ), i must add that when i did measurements for the cuts, i wanted to make it octagonal, i kind of dig the lines.. i think i will pinstripe them on it... Also the fan is mounted to the plate, that is than mounted to the case...

Checking if the cables fit the hole i made, it will be awesome when i put the sleeved cables there with cable combs there

There, I hope you guys like the progress i made, i will take liberty to say that it the case as a case should be done in a week, and the water cooling components and components should be fixed inside few weeks after that total...
Old 04-09-15, 09:17 AM
OC3D Elite

Holy bazooka, this is awesome!

Definitely something one does not see very often.
Old 12-09-15, 01:09 PM

this is fantastic great work will check back soon to see the updates, quality work
Old 01-10-15, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenwasser View Post
Holy bazooka, this is awesome!

Definitely something one does not see very often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod_ex View Post
this is fantastic great work will check back soon to see the updates, quality work
Here you go guys, i am so glad you like the project

Been a while since i posted, and loads of things happened since than

Enjoy the slideshow XD

Top part still needs some minor adjustments, it now opens quite nicely with some support from suspensions

I dont know about you, but it looks more massive than it used to

Next in line is the finished front piece remaster!

next, experimenting with paint/foils

Here you can see how the roof holds with suspensions when open

And the last, i really think you will like it, 95% finished product XD

Bare in mind that the foil didnt set as it should have, and i will re-do it, the glue needs to be heated and i didnt have good dust free chamber, i redid it and the finished pictures will be out soon, only thing left for me to do now is fill it with components , loads of little details finished as well, this is just a preview! Finished pics will come out when i have it all working!
Old 15-10-15, 10:18 PM

Now thats what you call art
Old 15-10-15, 10:23 PM
OC3D Elite

This is so completely unique and original! Can't wait to see the finished pics!!
/ custom loop
Old 06-02-16, 02:40 AM

Hello guys and really sorry for not updating, i have had some massive lack of time so i didn't get to do anything that i wanted. This is a little tease and i promise i will post full update log once i get time to work on it . Also, tomorrow is the day i fire this thing in its cage as i have been running the system hihihi.

So here it is for now:

Brm brm brrrrrrmmm
Old 06-02-16, 07:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaxtertheFly View Post
Me again, to some it maybe funny, but i am full of emotions for this!

Few days after i started working on this project, few people asked me what will i be using from components, and i said that i would be using what i had at the time or untill i find some sponsors... one of those parts was AMD Athlon II X3 450 that i was using... One guys, at the time a random guy on the forum asked me if i Phenom II 980BE would be an improvment untill i get cash to get new one or find a sponsor, i still dont have sponsor for the processor...

Imagine me today when i heard from mailman that i have a package from France..

I knew the guy for half an hour from forum and over PM on the forum... and he decided to help me in such a manner... It may not bet extraordinary, and such but it means allot more than just a processor... it means that there are still great people in this world, and a new hope risen inside of me just from this gesture!!!The moment i get new processor either from sponsors or i get some cash to buy it. i am gonna make special mount for this one, to shine as a simbol of respect, UTMOST RESPECT towords Blobster21 and people like him!!!
Yes man. I understand. I feel the same way about this forum.

Ultrawide.

Tags
amd fx, bulldozer, case, modded, watercooled