Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 12-07-20, 10:19 PM
News Guru

Watch Dogs: Legion's PC build struggles to achieve 1080p 60FPS on an RTX 2080 Ti

Raytracing continues to be a demanding beast on PC.

Read more about Watch Dogs: Legions ultra-demanding max PC settings.

Old 12-07-20, 11:21 PM
AMD Enthusiast

This will just make people upgrade to the new RTX 3000 series or RDNA2 if it's good enough. Quite a lot of money just to games if you ask me.
Old 13-07-20, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
This will just make people upgrade to the new RTX 3000 series or RDNA2 if it's good enough. Quite a lot of money just to games if you ask me.

Yeah well, more money than sense is the very definition of the PC Gamer..
Old 13-07-20, 05:59 AM

Another fun-free game from Ubisoft?

I never understood Watch Dogs games. I understand, that this is some new genere, but why would anyone play this, when there is a ton of much better games? Who want's to hack phones and wear pig head?

I just can't get it.

Raytracing in open world game? Raytracing is ment for indoor games and not open world :-) Probably just a showcase, that super exepensive RTX card is not enough for this game.
Old 13-07-20, 07:03 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladyCzech View Post
I never understood Watch Dogs games. I understand, that this is some new genere, but why would anyone play this, when there is a ton of much better games? Who want's to hack phones and wear pig head?

I just can't get it.

Raytracing in open world game? Raytracing is ment for indoor games and not open world :-) Probably just a showcase, that super exepensive RTX card is not enough for this game.
Have you not seen the money Epic are making from selling cosmetic costumes in Fortnite... There are far more ridiculous items then pigs heads to wear and people are going nuts over it. So who wants to wear a pigs head? pretty much hundreds of thousands of people it seems.
Old 13-07-20, 10:11 AM

And the game just looks like Watch Dogs 2.
Old 13-07-20, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
At least as a PC enthusiast you get what you pay for. 30fps and all the bells and whistles turned on is going to be the next consoles target frame rate.

You can count me out on that BS. I prefer to play at a hundred plus frames per second. So the options menu is nice to have. Unlike a console who's system is locked to whatever bs frame rate the developer says.

And yeah if you're worried about money and your next graphics card then PC gaming isn't for you now is it.
Old 13-07-20, 01:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Actually, this is the way it is supposed to be. There weren't any significant improvements in graphics because of Win7 and console lacking DX12 support and 7-year-old crap console hardware. Developers were just recycling engines with minor improvements and 1080Ti was all the GPU you will ever need.

Now when we finally have proper DX12 support and RT game engines will push the limits of hardware year after year.

Sad thing is that because of AMD's lack of success to challenge Nvidia GPU prices have gone berserk.

The inability of 2-year-old hardware to run upcoming games is amazing, as long as they are properly optimized and not some cheep console ports.
Old 13-07-20, 01:51 PM
OC3D Crew

DLSS 2.0 will surely help if you have an Nvidia card. I wonder if AMD will have something similar. If not, I don't see them succeeding to make a dent in Nvidia's sales unless their GPU's are ridiculously cheaper by comparison. At this point I'd be insane not to go with Nvidia due to DLSS 2.0 alone, considering how much more performance you can get with it. And you even get sharper image in some cases.
Old 13-07-20, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Yes lets blame the PC gamer vs. bad optimization. Get off your low horse!