Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 24-11-20, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Had this printed into a canvas 12" by 8"

Arrived this morning and actually fairly well detailed not perfect but very close happy man

Old 24-11-20, 11:45 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNosser View Post
Had this printed into a canvas 12" by 8"

Arrived this morning and actually fairly well detailed not perfect but very close happy man
Nice! Love FFVII. Played it just before the remake was released and thoroughly enjoyed the remake too.
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | ViewSonic XG270QG, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 24-11-20, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
Nice! Love FFVII. Played it just before the remake was released and thoroughly enjoyed the remake too.
I'm a pretty big fan of the series, but VII is the cream of the crop, i guess people that are non fans think it's just the goto one but it's easily the best game i've ever played in my years of gaming, it'll go nicely with all my other trinkets
Old 24-11-20, 12:29 PM
OC3D Crew

VII and IX are my personal favourites and I tend to struggle to pick the better of the two. I love them both!
Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | ViewSonic XG270QG, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 24-11-20, 01:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
VII and IX are my personal favourites and I tend to struggle to pick the better of the two. I love them both!
VII, VIII and IX. Those three are timeless and easily replayable over and over. Its the only games I would actively grind for hours on end to get the best weapons and plans
Old 24-11-20, 03:57 PM
OC3D Elite

Replace GPU with two sound cards.

My fantastic skills at explaining things at work, and not confusing at all.

Basically I looked about at HIFI components that could break the 44khz barrier. My pre amp is 96 capable, but Optical is 44. This is more than enough for any movies and so on. I am a million percent happy with the video and video sound capabilities, but I know the system has more to give sonically than I get from a Fire Cube and 44khz. I know this because I can very quickly pick out the difference over all of my headphones.

Sadly a CD player with 96khz capable FLAC/WAV is over £800 and a "streamer" high end audio box is about three grand. This is totally stupid, given all five of my sound cards can do 192 with their hands behind their back.

I really, really didn't want another PC but at the end of the day I can do this for less than £100. So why the f not?

I wouldn't mind so much if I had not dedicated the last several years to buying CDs on Music Magpie, ripping them and then giving them to family and friends. I did this so I could get them as FLAC and WAV etc.

I also want to see how my XFI Titanium HD sounds over the system. People criticise Sonus Faber for "having no mid range and being too neutral". I am intrigued to see what the two sound like (STX PCIE VS TIT HD). I already have all that, and a cheap Intel ITX board with a I3 2100 and 4gb RAM is £35 on Ebay. The PSU cost me £15.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old 24-11-20, 06:21 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
My fantastic skills at explaining things at work, and not confusing at all.

Basically I looked about at HIFI components that could break the 44khz barrier. My pre amp is 96 capable, but Optical is 44. This is more than enough for any movies and so on. I am a million percent happy with the video and video sound capabilities, but I know the system has more to give sonically than I get from a Fire Cube and 44khz. I know this because I can very quickly pick out the difference over all of my headphones.

Sadly a CD player with 96khz capable FLAC/WAV is over £800 and a "streamer" high end audio box is about three grand. This is totally stupid, given all five of my sound cards can do 192 with their hands behind their back.

I really, really didn't want another PC but at the end of the day I can do this for less than £100. So why the f not?

I wouldn't mind so much if I had not dedicated the last several years to buying CDs on Music Magpie, ripping them and then giving them to family and friends. I did this so I could get them as FLAC and WAV etc.

I also want to see how my XFI Titanium HD sounds over the system. People criticise Sonus Faber for "having no mid range and being too neutral". I am intrigued to see what the two sound like (STX PCIE VS TIT HD). I already have all that, and a cheap Intel ITX board with a I3 2100 and 4gb RAM is £35 on Ebay. The PSU cost me £15.
Toslink can do 192/24. I use that out of my RME HDSPe card into my marantz processor over an old van damme optical cable. Finding music in high sample rates is not so easy though. A lot of it is simply up-sampled from 44.1.

I picked up a new soldering iron to supplement my antique 45W weller magnestat iron. (a really old TCP-1) I also picked up a load of banana plugs, bnc adapters and some speakon plugs & sockets. The iron was somewhat determined by me accidentally buying the wrong tip. Bizarre pricing meant the "educational kit" which came with a roll of solder, an extra tip and a pair of xcelite cutters was about 30p more expensive than the basic iron only kit.

Old 24-11-20, 07:14 PM
OC3D Elite

It's probably my TV out then that is limiting it to 44khz. It's really not an issue with the video stuff as I said. The surround is incredible. I just need a better source of music

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NighT View Post
Purchased this Omen 15 inch laptop to replace my dying msi laptop which is suffering from severe framedrops due to overheating, having already replaced the thermal paste and cleaned it properly, its only when i totally underclock it, it doesn't throttle and drop down tot single digit fps, so enter,

Ryzen 5 4600h 6 core coupled with a GTX 1650ti and 8gb of ram on a ips display, nice upgrade from a 4th gen i7 and a gtx 850mobile.

Not even a day of ownership and im returning it, it's a nice piece of kit but it is so loud, 2 fans spinning up like crazy and has a constant whine noise like a jet engine, esp when they are near the same rotation speed, and the edges being so sharp didnt really help it's cause, on to something else then!