Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 24-07-17, 01:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmoth View Post
will SATA ports be disabled when you use M.2?
That would depend on the type of drive you are using. If it's M.2 SATA it will use SATA. If it's NVME PCIE it will use lanes.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 24-07-17, 10:38 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
1.425v

LLC wise - enough to keep it stable at 1.425v

Awesome!
AMD R7 1800X-Asus Crosshair VI Hero-16GB GSkill 3200mhz-Corsair HX1000-XSPC Raystorm Copper Edition-Dual D5 Pumps-Corsair Force 3 SSD-Sapphire Fury X2-Corsair 900D-Windows 10 Pro-Dell U3011-Dell 2007FP
Old 24-07-17, 11:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
I know it would be stupid but I am so tempted to swap out my Hero for this
Old 25-07-17, 12:57 AM
Bettyswollocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Yes, yes it would. But we still love you either way.

"As a species we evolved with complex communication and sound reasoning, monkeys fling poop." ~ Me
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~ Albert Einstein
Old 25-07-17, 12:58 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Yes, yes it would. But we still love you either way.
Lolz thank you
Old 25-07-17, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

This board has me seriously thinking of upgrading my rig. The CH-VI Hero / AC board is in my shopping cart. I was just waiting to see if x299 would be my upgrade path. Looks like it is Ryzen now and my 4790K / VII Hero setup is going to get retired. Just waiting on when this appears in the Newegg site to see if it is the Hero or Extreme and 1700x that is going to be the heart of my new rig.
Old 25-07-17, 04:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
your not the only one, watching the video and read the review I know it would be a waste with my cpu but it's so nice
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 26-07-17, 11:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
your not the only one, watching the video and read the review I know it would be a waste with my cpu but it's so nice
I actually wish we had the Maximus Formula style boards for AMD, Would be immense.
Old 04-08-17, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
1.425v

LLC wise - enough to keep it stable at 1.425v
I am curious if you can find out when this board is actually going to be in retailers? The article you linked to said early August, but early August will be over in just a few days, and I haven't seen anything else except your vid and that article. So I would love to find out exactly when they are available in the USA, as I have a time sensitive exchange to make, and don't want to be without my system for long. Thanks for the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
Every other connection angled yes, that is epic, but for me, 24-pin and 8-pin no. And please someone put power cables on GPUs on the side.
Count me in the camp that loves the 90 degree angled 24pin. First, it allows you to connect it without putting as much physical stress on the board. Second, who wants to show cables??? I prefer not to have to spend $70 on something that doesn't bring any more performance to my sys, if I can avoid it. Black cables look perfectly fine in my eyes. The look without cables running everywhere, is just a lot cleaner in my opinion. The fewer the better. But I do 100% agree with you on the side headers for the gpu power. Why this has not been done is amazingly ridiculous. Again, it would give such a more clean look to the system, and make cable routing much nicer as well.

Quote:
I don't think that is stupid at all. That is exactly what I am doing. My very first complaint about the hero was only one m.2 slot. Solved! Then I had to buy a usb 3.0 header riser card to use the four 3.0 ports on the front of my case. Now I can send that card back. I had to buy a pcie m.2 riser card for my other m.2 drive. Sending that back... And finally, I had to purchase a wifi card with bluetooth. Back it goes! So after all of that, those refunds more than make up for the extra price of this board. The only thing I don't understand is why they cut out two of the usb 3.0 ports on the back I/O? If they were going to kill two ports, why not two usb 2.0 ports?
Also besides having all of that on the board already, there's the better power, better oc'ing, and MUCH better placement of the Qcode readout and the start/reset/retry buttons. Having more fan headers also helps my situation, as well as that lower molex right on the board. Finally, by having all those things on the board, I will be freeing up all of my pcie slots, except for the gpu. So I think it is an excellent idea to get the better board. Get what you want, and be done with it. Regrets last forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPlaysWarr View Post
This board has me seriously thinking of upgrading my rig. The CH-VI Hero / AC board is in my shopping cart. I was just waiting to see if x299 would be my upgrade path. Looks like it is Ryzen now and my 4790K / VII Hero setup is going to get retired. Just waiting on when this appears in the Newegg site to see if it is the Hero or Extreme and 1700x that is going to be the heart of my new rig.
Yeah, I'm also waiting on them to push it out to the online retailers. Should hit Newegg any day now.
Old 11-08-17, 01:28 AM

Smile Hi Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
Every other connection angled yes, that is epic, but for me, 24-pin and 8-pin no. And please someone put power cables on GPUs on the side.
One of the reason why we design right angle 24-pins connector is that we think it might be more convenient for some OC players. Because of most the ROG OC features are on the top-right side of this mobo.