Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 03-08-17, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

So this project has taken a bit of a turn. For starters due to EK's Fluid Gaming lineup I'm now going to go for a full loop which means the title "Simplicity" no longer really fits. The project is now "DELTA_ZERO_3" based on my call-sign from my days playing Halo, that and I lost track of version numbers a long time ago.

What it means is that I'm back to design stage. Annoying, but my experience with the original "build" has been beneficial. For one it's been great to have a physical representation to understand how it all goes together; being able to take measurements and mock up has been a great learning experience. Secondly it's proven to me that my metalworking skills are... lacking the refinement (yeah, that sounds good) that I'd want this case to ultimately achieve. I will work on those skills elsewhere but this case will be made by a contractor.

So here's how the case currently looks:

Open Top:

Open Bottom:

The case without feet is 500mm wide, 375mm deep and 132mm thick. It's fairly simple design; 360mm radiator in the front, a short EK-SPC pump/res in the back right corner, SFX power supply in the back left, I/O on the left side of the case, disc access on the right, motherboard is central with a parallel GPU mounted. The backplate is fully ventilated to allow good airflow.

I have passed all of my SketchUp drawings to a colleague to convert them into a format that our contractor can use. If people want to see the drawings for each individual component (which includes the Storage and Optical Drive brackets) I can upload them too.

Old 03-08-17, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Images corrected. Apologies.