Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 27-08-19, 06:31 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
That's why people who refuse to use Chrome make no sense to me. Literally, it's impossible to use the internet without some service tracking or collecting data about you. That's why it's important to promote transparency and privacy laws.
Hence why not using/supporting Google by using their services, such as Chrome. Using Firefox instead, which is more for just that, even though it may track you etc as well.

Old 28-08-19, 01:53 PM

If people are interested to see what happens in the first 5 minutes of running a browser for the first time take a look here. Opera does some interesting requests.
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20794937

I'd also rather use Firefox if it worked properly all the time. It's 100x better than it used to be but I still find web pages I use regularly not working correctly. It's also probably true that it's the site's fault and not Firefox, but.. they work on Chrome.

I'm also a massive fan of Rust coding language and Mozilla's recent stance on protecting privacy.
Old 28-08-19, 02:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah I don't think many of those calls for Opera come as a surprise, first time boot involves it filling your Speed Dial with links to all those sponsored websites listed in the tweet. You can instantly delete them and clear cookies, though I wouldn't use any Chromium browser if I was particularly worried about advertising ID tracking and stuff. But then if you cared about that realistically it would also mean not using YouTube, Google, Spotify, gaming services, online retailers, smart TVs or anything else that tracks your activity for advertising ID's.