Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Asus UK Customer Care Forums

Old 14-08-17, 10:29 AM
OC3D Crew

Are the crashes with an overclock? And ram speed above 2133MHz is an overclock

If so, reset to stock, and just use the pc with 2133MHz ram for a couple of days.
You need to make sure it works before you start ramping things up. And a 1 hour stress test is clearly not enough as you still have issues.

Just play wildlands for a couple of days on stock, and if there is no problems, you know it's the overclocking settings you need to work on, and not at faulty component.

Old 14-08-17, 01:22 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korreborg View Post
Are the crashes with an overclock? And ram speed above 2133MHz is an overclock

If so, reset to stock, and just use the pc with 2133MHz ram for a couple of days.
You need to make sure it works before you start ramping things up. And a 1 hour stress test is clearly not enough as you still have issues.

Just play wildlands for a couple of days on stock, and if there is no problems, you know it's the overclocking settings you need to work on, and not at faulty component.
The 1600x is stock I have had the ram at 2133 for a while now. Since going back to the older bios it has not crashed yet. And I used it for about 4 hours straight last night. So I have turned the ram back up to 3000 and will so how it goes.
Old 18-08-17, 12:47 AM
OC3D Crew

CCL have tested the mobo and can't find a fault... but have offered me a refund on it. So I have taken that and ordered the Asus prime x370 pro for a little more money. If this still doesn't work properly I'm sending both mobo and cpu back and getting an I5!