Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards
View Poll Results: GTX 670 or HD 7970
nVidia EVGA GTX 670 2GB 7 41.18%
Asus HD 7970 3GB 10 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-12, 03:49 PM

670 680 and 7970 all are great cards. If you lock in price 7970 all your maney is used on card, each dolar is spent to it, not for its name. Im used both nVidia and Radeon GPU, curent GPU is nVidia, i must admit in nVidia performance is beter, but quality of view go for Radeon. Im not performance man, and i was more happy with Radeon GPU.
nVidia has always been, more poverfull, and Radeon produced more quality of view. And now its a realy intrusting situation, Radeon have huge boost of performance compered of 6 series, and go to land that nVidia rule. I dont see any of 670 or 680 users to be not happy with performance that card gives, but i see some people are not realy happy with quality of view it produced.
I editing photos, and using enginering programs, and not happy at all of nVidia point of view, pour performance, colors not looks like real. First i think tham my monitor is bad than i buy dell ips ultra sharp monitor, situation is beter, and give back dell monitor and go for samsung, well colors are good but not make my hapy enough. Than i serch in internet why, and see people like my having same problems, GPU is gilty for this, and change it, was a solution.

With my point of view:
Performance Price Power Temperature Noise View quality
nVidia- 1 0 1 1 1 0
Radeon- 1 1 0 1 0 1

Enginering programs Photo editing
nVidia- 0 0
Radeon- 1 1

And that is only mine point of view. Im not fan boy of nVidia or Radeon, cads are equal 4=4, if you using normaly, if using like me 4<6 crown go to Radeon. And i change my nVidia to Radeon, probably upcoming 7990.
I will by happy if this post helps to make right decision.

Old 03-11-12, 06:33 PM

7950 is the better choice, stick an overclock on it and it out performs the 670/680 and is on par with a 7970, plus, you save £££/$$$'s
Old 06-11-12, 07:02 AM
Advanced Member

Asus used to make great products. In the last few years they've had some problems with their PCB's, which of course have given me problems. Every IT guy I know now says to stay away from Asus and (bad)experience forces me to agree.

I would personally go with the 670 as I've never had problems with Nvidia cards that weren't made by Asus, and I honestly don't know that much about AMD cards due to Nvidia cards being solid, with Asus cards being the sole exception.

Besides, Asus just wants way too much for faulty parts.
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060WF3OC 6GB
Audio: Onboard out to Logitec 6.1
PSU: Thermaltake Litepower 700w
Case: Thermaltake Dokker

Tags
amd, gpu, gtx