Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 09-09-17, 11:58 PM
OC3D Elite

Imagine how much harder this would be without three d printers

NZXT Phantom 630 White=AMD Ryzen 1700X=Asus X370 ROG Crosshair VI Hero=16gig 3200Mhz GSkill Trident RGB= MSI GTX1080 Seahawk X=NZXT Kraken X62=Asus ROG Swift=Corsair K95 RGB=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Cougar 700M=Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with Aer RGB fans and RBG strip=Pioneer BDR-209D=Windows 10 Pro=Creative Soundblaster ZXR=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Corsair MM800 RGB CE
Old 10-09-17, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yeah that's cool man can't wait to see the printed parts
Thanks man, I can't wait either, jut a bit worried about whether I've got my measurements right, I've checked three times and they've all come out right but I'm still worried, we'll have to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Imagine how much harder this would be without three d printers
Aye, if that was the case, I would be thinking I'm back at school and make it out of ABS myself. It wouldn't be neat at all though

Main Rig
Ryzen 1700X @ 3.8GHz | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue 3200 MHz
XFX RX 480 8GB | 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 2 x 1TB HGST | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Corsair Carbide 400C - Soon to be Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Side Rig (Will be complete.. Sometime)
Phenom II X4 955 | Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 | Cooler TBC | 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz | XFX Radeon HD 6850 1GB
SSD TBC | HDD TBC | PSU TBC |
Soon to be Corsair Carbide 400C
Old 18-09-17, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

Little update.

The project is not dead or anything. I've just had to wait until I got my wages sorted before I could be let loose. That being said, I've got my Pi and other bits coming this week, and the 3D printing is being done for this week as well. Was hoping to have made a start by now but alas, things don't play out as you always hope for

Main Rig
Ryzen 1700X @ 3.8GHz | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue 3200 MHz
XFX RX 480 8GB | 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 2 x 1TB HGST | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Corsair Carbide 400C - Soon to be Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Phenom II X4 955 | Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 | Cooler TBC | 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz | XFX Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Old 18-09-17, 06:13 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Little update.

The project is not dead or anything. I've just had to wait until I got my wages sorted before I could be let loose. That being said, I've got my Pi and other bits coming this week, and the 3D printing is being done for this week as well. Was hoping to have made a start by now but alas, things don't play out as you always hope for

Sure it will be worth the wait dude

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 18-09-17, 07:58 PM
OC3D Elite

All good things come to those who wait

Looking forward to seeing updates.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 18-09-17, 09:33 PM
too many shrooms

Only just stumbled across this thread, will be watching as I'm looking into making something similar myself.
Old 19-09-17, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Sure it will be worth the wait dude
Aye the end result will be, just a slow path to get there. Thanks guv

Quote:
All good things come to those who wait

Looking forward to seeing updates.
Aye, after Ryzen I should be used to the waiting game now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
Only just stumbled across this thread, will be watching as I'm looking into making something similar myself.
Well I hope you read my disclaimer lol. It is a fun little project with a lot of practical use, just gotta be careful with what kind of TV you use when doing it.

Main Rig
Old 20-09-17, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member

Got up this morning expecting nothing to arrive until tomorrow, but *DING DONG* and there was the postman with not just the one parcel I was expecting, but another as well.

Instinctively, I opened up the mystery parcel first and to my amazement, it was the 3D Printing stuff I ordered and I must say, I'm very impressed with the results, and not only that, I've got 2 printouts of the main stand. Which is quite handy as a spare if (which by if, I mean when) I ruin something.

The USB mount fits perfectly into the VCR slot on the TV but the USB ports don't fit because like the donkey I am, I forgot that 3D printing has a tolerance and I measured the gaps exactly, so I've got some files on order to sort that out.

Now parcel number 2 and as you can expect, it's the gear I ordered for the Pi as well as the Pi itself.

I know people say that these are a waste of time, but since I'm using it purely for gaming, and that I have a thing for proper cooling, I got them anyway

Main thing to note is this: Pi Supply Switch. The Pi itself doesn't have a power off option, unless you get a switch on the power cable or pull the power cable out but even then you've got to tell it to shut down anyway. So I found this. It's a little board that you connect the main power cable to, then use a USB to the Pi, it has 3 switches on it, one for On, Soft Off, and Hard Off. It works using a relay to cut power or connect power to the Pi.

On switch simply does what it says on the tin. flicks the relay to power the Pi

Hard Off switch immediately flicks the relay to cut power to the Pi and bypasses the capacitor, like pulling the plug on it.

Soft Off is where it does its magic. It sends a command through the two pins connected to the Pi's GPIO to shutdown. While the Pi shuts down (Or just after it shuts down) the switch cuts power from USB by flicking the relay and begins running on the power stored in the capacitor. Once that is depleted the Pi is fully off.

Only thing you can notice is that you got to solder the whole thing exept the micro USB, which for me is great. But at the same time annoying because the soldering gun I have doesn't exactly have a small tip, so that's another amazon order for tomorrow.

That's it for now, would get the Pi online but got work instead so will most likely be Friday

Main Rig
Old 20-09-17, 03:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Which is quite handy as a spare if (which by if, I mean when) I ruin something.
That's the spirit

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 21-09-17, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That's the spirit
Of course, it had to be said

Tags
crt, lunacy, pi tv, raspberry pi