Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Air Cooling

Old 19-10-18, 01:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
So apparently it wasn't all my blondness, I noticed that in games the CPU was getting up to 80'c, Took the cooler off and swapped it out for the Wraith Prism cooler that came with my 2700X and apparently it looks like the Wraith that came with my mates 2700X has an ever so slightly warped cooling plate, Meaning it does not make full contact with the CPU.
To be fair I didn't roast you too much because I *hate* those plastic push pins. I remember once my Intel cooler came off, and I had to use more than reasonable force to eventually get it on correctly. They should stop making them like that tbh. Horrible things.

Old 19-10-18, 01:49 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
To be fair I didn't roast you too much because I *hate* those plastic push pins. I remember once my Intel cooler came off, and I had to use more than reasonable force to eventually get it on correctly. They should stop making them like that tbh. Horrible things.

The AMD stock cooler is actually pretty good in that respect as you just hook both loops of the cooler onto the board and pull the level all the way to the opposite side, But even then it can't exactly make up for a warped cooling plate.
=Asus ROG Strix Vega 64 @ 1600/1000 - Asus ROG Strix XG35VQ 35" Ultrawide 100Hz Freesync=
=Creative SoundBlaster X AE-5 - Beyerdynamic 770/990/1770/1990 - 250 Ohm=
=Asus ROG Spatha - Asus ROG Claymore "100%" Cherry MX Blue - Asus ROG Sheath=
=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter = Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=