Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old Today, 04:39 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Under everyone's bed just like you

Aye yeah I am, hopefully not for long once I've saved some cash and can land a job elsewhere.
Well that's the problem sadly, Indian guy that works at the corner shop for his dad has a masters in computer science but can't use it anywhere, Just like I'm beginning to be made irrelevant by free YouTube videos.

For people with any real skills, England, Sad to say, Is quickly becoming a dead end.

Mate of mine who is an electrician recently moved to Germany and is now making 4 times more per month for the exact same job.

Old Today, 04:47 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
My cousin went to college university for fashion design, after finishing she couldn't get the job she was qualified for because she had no experience, and couldn't get a lower job because she was over qualified and they know she would move on to better jobs a total catch 22. She ended going to a different career
Aye, I'm starting to feel that as well now. I could go back to OU and do a Masters in Advanced networking which puts me in line to do the CCNP exam but again, no workplace experience. Only fallback I've got is that I'm a fully qualified (and experienced) pharmacy dispenser and I know I can do the Pharmcy Technician NVQ then the Pharmacist degree and all that, but I know being a Pharmacist isn't like what it used to be, plus it's over saturated with other qualified pharmacists so job prospects aren't that great either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Well that's the problem sadly, Indian guy that works at the corner shop for his dad has a masters in computer science but can't use it anywhere, Just like I'm beginning to be made irrelevant by free YouTube videos.

For people with any real skills, England, Sad to say, Is quickly becoming a dead end

Mate of mine who is an electrician recently moved to Germany and is now making 4 times more per month for the exact same job.
Yep I can concur with that. It's genuinely getting me down since I've got no where to turn. I would start working on getting Microsoft, VMWare and other certifications along side Cisco but without any work experience, I'll feel like it'll be a waste again.

Right now, becoming an English teacher in Japan is looking really enticing since I've been a teacher (cadet instructor) before and I love Japan, but I know my partner won't like me doing that since I'll be over there for a few years or so
Old Today, 04:57 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
Aye, I'm starting to feel that as well now. I could go back to OU and do a Masters in Advanced networking which puts me in line to do the CCNP exam but again, no workplace experience. Only fallback I've got is that I'm a fully qualified (and experienced) pharmacy dispenser and I know I can do the Pharmcy Technician NVQ then the Pharmacist degree and all that, but I know being a Pharmacist isn't like what it used to be, plus it's over saturated with other qualified pharmacists so job prospects aren't that great either.

Yep I can concur with that. It's genuinely getting me down since I've got no where to turn. I would start working on getting Microsoft, VMWare and other certifications along side Cisco but without any work experience, I'll feel like it'll be a waste again.

Right now, becoming an English teacher in Japan is looking really enticing since I've been a teacher (cadet instructor) before and I love Japan, but I know my partner won't like me doing that since I'll be over there for a few years or so

Yeah it genuinely sucks in England for normal working people who want to make a go of it, The mate of mine that went to Germany said after a while that it seems like the English ruling class do nothing other than go to war on their own people, Which seems pretty accurate having worked in several countries, In England it's who you know, Not what you know.
Old Today, 07:38 PM
Resident Newb

Omg omg omg omg omg, Original soundtrack too !!!!

By the looks of it being called Ghostbusters 3 I think they are thankfully forgetting the 2016 catastrophe ever happened.

Tags
banter, conversation, entertainment, fun, jokes, safe for work, small talk