Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 31-10-14, 07:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocent159 View Post
Did you try just planing and using less tubes and rads and just redo it without having to buy such a new gpu
Less rads? HERESY!!!! Rad overkill was why I bought the M8. Besides, the mess in the back doesn't bother me, and the flow is decent (2.9LPM). I tried to do the loop differently with the bottom GPU, but there's not really a "neat" way to do mismatching GPU blocks. I'm open to ideas if you've got any though.

/ custom loop
Old 31-10-14, 07:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Less rads? HERESY!!!! Rad overkill was why I bought the M8. Besides, the mess in the back doesn't bother me, and the flow is decent (2.9LPM). I tried to do the loop differently with the bottom GPU, but there's not really a "neat" way to do mismatching GPU blocks. I'm open to ideas if you've got any though.
Depends if you are willing to compromise than il see what i can do. Do you need all the rads and what about using all when you have the same gpus
Old 03-11-14, 07:51 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Like I said bud, noob. All it takes is one noob getting into WCing and getting an unexpected back pay check, and that's what you get.

I didn't intentionally buy 2 GPU blocks. I started with one (obviously), but my GPU was non-reference. When I bought it, WCing was not the plan. When it became the plan, I bought a 2nd GPU, and noobishly assumed GPU blocks had standard ports on them. Dumb, but I didn't know better. Once I realized my mistake, I didn't have the $$$ to fix it properly.

4 rads total, 3 different brands. My system is everything OC3D guys hate, mismatching everything. 1 XSPC EX360, 1 TFC Admiral 360, 2 Monsta 360s, and 2 D5's running full blast all the time.

The back mess is because there's no neat way to have all the crap! Sure there are NEATER ways, but there's just so much crap. Working on a plan for that though.
OMG mate...
You really need to sort your build out, because this case deserve much better than that. You really don't need those 4 rads in there! Get rid of this thin xspc one, and keep the one in pedestal and 1 on the PSU side( I run setup like that), also I hope that you are running your fans at least on 7 volts with that much rad space.
And now the cables...
Before you do a build try to imagine it inside your head and than make it.
The pumps are wrong way round mate, the LED holes and the cables should be on the back side so nobody can see that, try to route LED from raystrom, a bit different way so they not so visible.
What was the point of getting this case and using matx board
Get this hard drives to the pedestal and just flip the rads so the end tanks face the back and you should have enought space there( well it does fit with 60mm rads and I still have some spare space).
Also orientation of your fans in the pedestal is wrong both sets of rad fans are taking air from outside and sucking inside, so the hot air is trapped inside your pedestal and most likely rises to your main compartments of your case...
I won't point out everything thats wrong IMHO, cuz I'm going to write something like an article, so please mate sort this build of your's out and make it look pretty

Quote:
That's the thing with Case Labs though. Why even buy one if you're not going to stuff it with rads? It's stupid to have 480mm of rad per cooled component, but it sure keeps the system cool.
Mate I'm sorry if that offends you but this what you just said is being VERY STUPID( normally I would use swear words for that, but not on forum), do you think that if case labs case gives you option to do and mount things in different places means that you have to fill up every single one bit of space just because you got possibility. The answer is NO!
i7 2600k-5.02Ghz, MSI Mpower Z77, Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866, 7970 in Crossfire, Corsair AX 850, Samsung 840 PRO 250GB+ WD G 3TB+ WD B 500GB, Asus Essence STX + AKG K550, Gigabyte Avia Osmium + SteelSeries Sensei
Custom watercooliong
Project CaseLabs M8
Old 03-11-14, 11:24 PM
OC3D Elite

LOL! I don't take the internet too seriously, so no worries. Thanks for actually making some good points. I had no idea the dual D5 top was wrong way around! DOH! I figured if I could read the logo, it was fine. I wondered why those LED cables showed like that.

If I ditch a rad, it's gonna be that damn TFC. The top 360 isn't even noticeable, so what would I gain from losing that?

As for the CPU LEDs, yeah that needs work. I had it neater before these pics, but I changed it so that both pairs exit out the top to connect to a molex hub. Already got replacement LEDs for those and the reservoir though. This time I got Darkside LEDs with 2-pin connectors and much longer cables. I should be able to get that cleaned up, which should in turn clean the PSU mess up a little.

Don't be hating on that Gene board buddy. It suits my needs perfectly (hell it does 3-way GPUs at 16/16/8, and I only ever use 2). You have to understand that I didn't plan this build properly (obviously). I had just finished building that system in a Corsair 800D (on air). It was at THAT point I discovered water cooling. That combined with an unexpected back pay check, + water noob, leads to the mess you see.

Thanks for the input though, and feel free to write that article. I'm open to constructive criticism as long as you're aren't an a-hole, and you don't seem to be.
/ custom loop
Old 04-11-14, 12:03 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
LOL! I don't take the internet too seriously, so no worries. Thanks for actually making some good points. I had no idea the dual D5 top was wrong way around! DOH! I figured if I could read the logo, it was fine. I wondered why those LED cables showed like that.

If I ditch a rad, it's gonna be that damn TFC. The top 360 isn't even noticeable, so what would I gain from losing that?

As for the CPU LEDs, yeah that needs work. I had it neater before these pics, but I changed it so that both pairs exit out the top to connect to a molex hub. Already got replacement LEDs for those and the reservoir though. This time I got Darkside LEDs with 2-pin connectors and much longer cables. I should be able to get that cleaned up, which should in turn clean the PSU mess up a little.

Don't be hating on that Gene board buddy. It suits my needs perfectly (hell it does 3-way GPUs at 16/16/8, and I only ever use 2). You have to understand that I didn't plan this build properly (obviously). I had just finished building that system in a Corsair 800D (on air). It was at THAT point I discovered water cooling. That combined with an unexpected back pay check, + water noob, leads to the mess you see.

Thanks for the input though, and feel free to write that article. I'm open to constructive criticism as long as you're aren't an a-hole, and you don't seem to be.
That thin xspc rad is not giving you really more cooling than you need so that's why is pointless buddy As for the TFC, maybe move it to the front of the case so it's sits on place where the xspc is right now, that should give you a BIT more room at the back, for THOSE hard drives of yours Why do you need so much storage anyway?
As I said in my previous post try to fit those hard drives in the pedestal, you "should" be able to, but I'm not sure about the exact clearance with both 80mm rads, so give it a go.
You had matx inside 800d??? Come on man On air...800d is not very good air case TBH No time for an article for you
I understand that you like your matx and it does suit your needs, im not saying it doesn't, in fact is a very good board, but inside that case it does look out of place
Try to watch some videos on YT about building a system or even spend an hour looking at Rig Gallery to get ideas how to make nice and clean looking rig.

I'm not trying to be a hole I'm trying to help you somehow... sometimes if somebody tells you even something not nice is better as long as its truth.
i7 2600k-5.02Ghz, MSI Mpower Z77, Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866, 7970 in Crossfire, Corsair AX 850, Samsung 840 PRO 250GB+ WD G 3TB+ WD B 500GB, Asus Essence STX + AKG K550, Gigabyte Avia Osmium + SteelSeries Sensei
Custom watercooliong
Project CaseLabs M8
Old 04-11-14, 12:21 AM
OC3D Elite

"Water cooling" and "need" should never be used in the same sentence. I've watched tons of logs / videos since I slapped this mess together. Problem is right now, I have no money to fix it.

The XSPC rad might be better cooling than you think. I started with that rad in a kit, and it did a damn fine job with the temps. I haven't tested the TFC on its own, so I don't know how good a job it does. But after looking at the reason for the leak, I'm wondering about the QC on this thing, and if I can have any faith in it. Of course with the Monstas, I don't need it, but I like the overkill, as useless as it might be.

Storage is necessary. I *might* pull one of the 1TB drives, since I really don't need it, and fit the 2 SSDs in the HDD cage (if that's possible). Put everything in the cage and dropping it into the pedestal makes sense IF it fits.

mATX FTW! I wasn't going full ATX for $130+ more (at the time). The Gene was $270, and exactly the same as its expensive big brother in most ways except PCI slots that I didn't need. 800D was something I just got a good price on, and now sits empty.
/ custom loop
Old 04-11-14, 12:29 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
"Water cooling" and "need" should never be used in the same sentence. I've watched tons of logs / videos since I slapped this mess together. Problem is right now, I have no money to fix it.

The XSPC rad might be better cooling than you think. I started with that rad in a kit, and it did a damn fine job with the temps. I haven't tested the TFC on its own, so I don't know how good a job it does. But after looking at the reason for the leak, I'm wondering about the QC on this thing, and if I can have any faith in it. Of course with the Monstas, I don't need it, but I like the overkill, as useless as it might be.

Storage is necessary. I *might* pull one of the 1TB drives, since I really don't need it, and fit the 2 SSDs in the HDD cage (if that's possible). Put everything in the cage and dropping it into the pedestal makes sense IF it fits.

mATX FTW! I wasn't going full ATX for $130+ more (at the time). The Gene was $270, and exactly the same as its expensive big brother in most ways except PCI slots that I didn't need. 800D was something I just got a good price on, and now sits empty.
Mate I'm not saying that this xspc rad is bad or anything, but I will not give you better temps, since you already got a lot of rads
3 rads in that case is good but 4 is too much mate, and considering that you only cooling the cpu and 2x gpu you don't need that much radiator space no matter what.
I got it that you like overkill, but use some common sense as well please
Ok I will not hate on that matx any more cuz I see no point
I got my SSD's on velcro attached to the HDD's, for now.
Custom watercooliong
Project CaseLabs M8
Old 04-11-14, 12:52 AM
OC3D Elite

Problem is though, that TFC isn't fitting in the front easily. It's a 65mm rad, and I'm not sure I could get that plus a set of fans above the mobo. I don't have the extended top, so no fan options up there. It's a nice idea (great looking rad), but not sure it's do-able. Plus, it would block the cable routing hole in the upper left corner near the 8-pin mobo PSU connection, so I couldn't run any tube through there. That would make the loop pretty tough to do without making it even worse than it is now.

My SSDs are in a dual SSD cage velcroed to the bottom of the HDD cage.
/ custom loop
Old 04-11-14, 12:56 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Problem is though, that TFC isn't fitting in the front easily. It's a 65mm rad, and I'm not sure I could get that plus a set of fans above the mobo. I don't have the extended top, so no fan options up there. It's a nice idea (great looking rad), but not sure it's do-able. Plus, it would block the cable routing hole in the upper left corner near the 8-pin mobo PSU connection, so I couldn't run any tube through there. That would make the loop pretty tough to do without making it even worse than it is now.

My SSDs are in a dual SSD cage velcroed to the bottom of the HDD cage.
It will fit no problem trust me And it will not block the hole for the 8 pin cpu Just run that rad with 1 set of fans, push or pull your choice, but is no point going push-pull.
It will fit 100000%, I have that case so you can trust me
Custom watercooliong
Project CaseLabs M8
Old 04-11-14, 01:09 AM
OC3D Elite

Hmm, that's a tight fit. Plus, if I suspect it's still leaking I'm VERY hesitant to hang that over my mobo. The more I think about it, I realize you're right. Losing a rad would make life easier.

I'm taking your suggestions seriously, and I WILL tackle this mess somehow. Thanks for the input sir, you've given me the push I needed to clean this crap up! Still need to learn to solder first though. Those pump wires would need to be extended / sleeved / etc. Thanks for your honesty! Cheers!
/ custom loop