Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 17-03-21, 11:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Well what does if one can afford the Kingping paste have to with this at all?... You said that you switched to the the Kingping paste over the MX-4 due to it was obviously better. I simply said it should be - due to it costs a lot more than the MX-4.

It has nothing to do if one can afford it or not.
YOU brought up the cost in the first place, not me.

/ custom loop
Old 17-03-21, 11:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
YOU brought up the cost in the first place, not me.
I did, since you said that Kingping's paste was better than MX-4. Which it should, since it costs a lot more. Which is a fair point, cause that is fact.

If one can afford one or the other, isn't however. Since everyone's situation is different, regardless of the price of it.

Anywho, I'm done with this discussion though, I've said enough
Old 18-03-21, 10:14 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
If you're that poor that you can't afford decent thermal paste, you're in the wrong hobby, LOL! Cost should NEVER be a factor in something so cheap.

MX-4 is the easiest paste I've ever applied and I'm a spreader too, that BAFFLES me that people find that difficult. Faith in humanity steadily waning!!
Dawelio was comparing the two in terms of price. He didnt mentioned anything about affordability. There are people who struggle to find funds even for paste, maybe they have an old pc and it needs cleaning..Also, not everyone respasting their processors see this as a hobby. Some just want something that works and doesnt over heat.

I find humanity waning when people start terminology's like "if you're that poor..." without knowing that person. Triggers me a little, since I was there once, unable to even replace a usb cable during my student days as I had pennies to live on.

However society is getting worse! going off topic.
30 years ago a Haynes manual on your car explained how to fine tune your car valves. Today it tells you "dont drink the battery water".
Old 18-03-21, 01:43 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeah that was my bad, didn't mean to come across like a complete snob, apologies to Dawelio. Having to work in a loud data centre for the past few days aggravated my tinnitus and made me cranky!
/ custom loop