Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 13-04-20, 04:17 AM
AMD Enthusiast

It doesn't seem that bad. Personally would prefer a Schiit stack but native DSD decoding at that price range alone makes it worth it. Impressive. Then again doesn't mean it's actually true. Could be marketing. Would need proper testing.

If you use Tidal and pay for the HiFi plan you don't get full Master quality off the Master tracks unless you have the DSD decoding. Which is my current situation so this is tempting to look into this more.

Old 13-04-20, 04:31 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It doesn't seem that bad. Personally would prefer a Schiit stack but native DSD decoding at that price range alone makes it worth it. Impressive. Then again doesn't mean it's actually true. Could be marketing. Would need proper testing.

If you use Tidal and pay for the HiFi plan you don't get full Master quality off the Master tracks unless you have the DSD decoding. Which is my current situation so this is tempting to look into this more.

In all honesty bud I just wanted a hardware solution that wasn't dependant on software and I know Fiio make good hardware, Creatives AE-9 sounds absolutely amazing but their drivers are rancid ass, Channel swapping happens all the time, Randomly the left channel will go 10% quieter than the right channel, The XLR input on the breakout box is buggy as hell and locks up the system etc... Creatives driver team simply don't give a crap and they've been like this since the early 2000's.

Old 13-04-20, 06:29 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
In all honesty bud I just wanted a hardware solution that wasn't dependant on software and I know Fiio make good hardware, Creatives AE-9 sounds absolutely amazing but their drivers are rancid ass, Channel swapping happens all the time, Randomly the left channel will go 10% quieter than the right channel, The XLR input on the breakout box is buggy as hell and locks up the system etc... Creatives driver team simply don't give a crap and they've been like this since the early 2000's.
You don't need software for the Schiit stack. Fiio make budget hardware that works well for its intended purpose which is more than good enough for most people. Nothing wrong with that.

Dedicated Sound Cards have pretty much always been inferior. Dedicated desktop solutions are just far superior. Plus generally speaking for most things you don't need any software(desktop solutions). Unless you are doing very specific things. I am not surprised you disliked the Creative product.
Old 13-04-20, 07:04 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
You don't need software for the Schiit stack. Fiio make budget hardware that works well for its intended purpose which is more than good enough for most people. Nothing wrong with that.

Dedicated Sound Cards have pretty much always been inferior. Dedicated desktop solutions are just far superior. Plus generally speaking for most things you don't need any software(desktop solutions). Unless you are doing very specific things. I am not surprised you disliked the Creative product.
Actually when Creative are working their stuff sounds great but like Dice said their drivers suck balls but when it works my ZXR is good but only when it works
Coolermaster H500P White ARGB=AMD Ryzen 3700X=MSI Prestige X570 Creation=Intel Optane SSD 9 480GB PCIE=32gig 3600Mhz White Dom Plats RGB= Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro Plus=Coolermaster ML360R ARGB=MSI Optix MPG341CQR=Roccat AIMO 122=Corsair Force LS 960GB=Roccat Kone AIMO White=EVGA Supernova 850 G2=White Sennheiser Game One=NZXT Hue+ with RBG strip=Windows 10 Pro=Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS=Razer Firefly RGB CE=Chasepower Pure Sinewave UPS
Old 13-04-20, 09:00 AM
Resident Newb

Quote:

I was looking at the Schiit stuff but I want something that I can send back should it go wrong in some way and sending a Schiit back... lol ... would be more costly that simply returning something to amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalabur50 View Post
Actually when Creative are working their stuff sounds great but like Dice said their drivers suck balls but when it works my ZXR is good but only when it works
Yep, I legit heard things ingames that I'd never heard before, Everything sounded so clear and clean, If their driver team wasn't made up of 3 people that have to manage a plethora of products I would've kept the AE-9 but being reliant on Creative for drivers is not a good idea.

Old 13-04-20, 11:36 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Fiio's new high end AMP/DAC combo, Fiio K5 PRO, Ordered and hopefully here in a week or so, No software or drivers, Just plug'n'play.

You said that about the last one you bought that was plug n play. What happened with that one?
Old 13-04-20, 12:05 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
You said that about the last one you bought that was plug n play. What happened with that one?

I've had/have a few, Which one ? XD

Old 13-04-20, 05:56 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
I was looking at the Schiit stuff but I want something that I can send back should it go wrong in some way and sending a Schiit back... lol ... would be more costly that simply returning something to amazon.
They have a UK site. I don't think you even tried looking lol they've had one for a couple years now
https://www.schiit.co.uk/

I'm not trying to bash your purchase I just feel like if you spent good money on a great product you'd finally have something you'd hold on to and stop having to buy hundreds of things. Just make life easier
Old 13-04-20, 10:36 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
They have a UK site. I don't think you even tried looking lol they've had one for a couple years now
https://www.schiit.co.uk/

I'm not trying to bash your purchase I just feel like if you spent good money on a great product you'd finally have something you'd hold on to and stop having to buy hundreds of things. Just make life easier

I did look.

Old 13-04-20, 11:40 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
I did look.
Then I'm confused as to why return shipping would take forever if they have a UK site that would handle it since you mentioned in case of returns?