Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 22-02-21, 12:01 PM
News Guru

PowerColor's Radeon RX 6900 XT Liquid Devil smiles for the camera

Is this PowerColor's most powerful graphics card?

Read more about PowerColor's Radeon RX 6900 XT Liquid Devil.

Old 23-02-21, 08:48 PM

That's a sweet looking card and makes far more sense than the AIO hampered offerings from Asus & Sapphire. If you're in the market for a card in this league then a bundled rad, pump and RGB are only taking up space until trimmed off and thrown in the bin.
Funny thing is, the same players were in the game 20 years ago are still in the game now (talking Asetek - who probably are the OEM for Asus and Sapphire) and Mr E Koenig.
Old 23-02-21, 09:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiec View Post
That's a sweet looking card and makes far more sense than the AIO hampered offerings from Asus & Sapphire. If you're in the market for a card in this league then a bundled rad, pump and RGB are only taking up space until trimmed off and thrown in the bin.
Funny thing is, the same players were in the game 20 years ago are still in the game now (talking Asetek - who probably are the OEM for Asus and Sapphire) and Mr E Koenig.
The Asus and Sapphire are not hampered. You won't get much better results fully water cooling a card, it will just cost you a lot more. AIOs are very efficient on GPUs, considering the CPUs they were designed to handle are much hotter.

The only real argument about AIO GPUs being bad is the cooler. Well, more the pump. If it fails you are then left with a card with no cooling.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM
OC3D Crew

Also they tend not to (generally) cool the memory, vrms etc. That's why I stay clear of them.
Enthoo Elite | R7-5800X | X570 Tomahawk | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | ViewSonic XG270QG, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM

wonder about the price 2500 maybe more versus doing it ya bloody self
Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawetSluaP View Post
Also they tend not to (generally) cool the memory, vrms etc. That's why I stay clear of them.
Not true. Every factory AIO card has plenty of cooling for the VRM and memory. That is what the fan is for, and they have decent heatsinks too.

It's hardly bolting a AIO to your GPU with a dodgy adapter is it?

That's the Asus. The memory and block are both cooled by water. The VRM are cooled by a massive chunk of heatsink with heat pads on. Did you watch the reviews? they were the best temps in class dude.

Even the Fury X was full cooling for everything, VRM and all.

The only issue, and I mean the only one, is the cooler failing and being a custom unit. However, given most of these cards come with a 5 year warranty that's neither here nor there really. Mostly because after 5 years it will be worthless any way.

As I have said (and I own three fully water cooled PCs and one with AIOs) the cooling efficiency is pretty much the same. Why you think I didn't bother water cooling my new rig? I paid £450 for a water cooler on my Kingpin so that I didn't have to, because end of the day I would have gotten the same thing with a bugger load of aggro.

Water cooled rigs fail too dude. It's not specific to AIOs. I had a radiator crack on my rig last week that caused me a pig load of aggro.

If you don't like what I post don't read it.
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM
OC3D Elite

The *good* think about that card is that even though it's an EK block, and their QC is suspect at *best*, chances are PowerColor would do their own QC, so hopefully you'd end up with a decent product.

But I kind of agree with the hampering though, purely because of rad space. A 240 rad is plenty for a stock 6900XT, but for those of us who've unlocked the power limit, a 240 won't cut it I bet. I'll know for sure once I block my 6900XT, but I can tell you than at 385W (stock is 272W), that thing throws off SERIOUS heat.