Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 28-07-21, 12:13 PM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 20,539
Sapphire's working on an ultra-compact MATX/ITX Case for High-end Gaming PCs

The Sapphire Nitro M01 is incredibly versatile.



Read more about Sapphire's NITRO M01 PC case.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29-07-21, 02:58 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,299
Seems like a slightly bigger version of the NR200 with slightly more versatility and a more flashy aesthetic. But that's not a good thing in my opinion. The NR200 was already a big case for the SFF form factor.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29-07-21, 03:28 PM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 7,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
Seems like a slightly bigger version of the NR200 with slightly more versatility and a more flashy aesthetic. But that's not a good thing in my opinion. The NR200 was already a big case for the SFF form factor.
I think thats the whole point, so they see people opting for these and modding/watercooling them etc. The extra space gets more appeal i suppose.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29-07-21, 04:16 PM
tgrech tgrech is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,270
Have they made this less wide than the NR200 though? I thought the NR200 only had a few mm below what was needed to fit a DH15, to the point where it would fit with a couple of additional holes for the heat pipes to poke into a little, whereas this has a CPU cooler limit of 155mm, seems like a bit of an oversight or differing direction? As that seemed like an obvious improvement to the NR200 imo, add literally 2mm to the width and be able to fit the top cooler on the market.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29-07-21, 09:05 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,299
I'm one of those people that thinks SFF should be SFF. It's weird to say, but the fun is not being able to fit the best of the best but still being able to have amazing cooling and noise performance. Adding height here or clearance there for this, that, or the other takes away much of the challenge and uniqueness. I see the value in no compromise ITX cases, but that's not "ultra-compact" or "SFF" in my books. Besides, it's somewhat of a misnomer to want a no-compromise ITX case when ITX motherboards are themselves a compromise. Again, I do see value in it because some people want extreme performance but NEED a tiny case due to living in small apartments, but personally I want a tiny case because I want a tiny case, and I want all the challenges that come along with that.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-07-21, 02:47 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
AMD Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish View Post
I'm one of those people that thinks SFF should be SFF. It's weird to say, but the fun is not being able to fit the best of the best but still being able to have amazing cooling and noise performance. Adding height here or clearance there for this, that, or the other takes away much of the challenge and uniqueness. I see the value in no compromise ITX cases, but that's not "ultra-compact" or "SFF" in my books. Besides, it's somewhat of a misnomer to want a no-compromise ITX case when ITX motherboards are themselves a compromise. Again, I do see value in it because some people want extreme performance but NEED a tiny case due to living in small apartments, but personally I want a tiny case because I want a tiny case, and I want all the challenges that come along with that.
I feel the same way. Most of the ITX cases are still more than 20L. Nothing small about them.

I love my NCase M1 v6. Fits most of everything and is still small. Though I would consider it at the upper range of SFF personally.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-07-21, 09:32 AM
tgrech tgrech is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 2,270
Yeah I get that, DIY is a lot of fun and SFF can be a way to create a new challenge, but of course personally I'm currently in that cohort where I'd really like a small case (As I plan to be doing a big move in the coming months), but I want minimal compromise on cooling, and don't want one I have to void the warranty of to make any use of. It really is just this last voiding warranty bit that it seems is the hardest to avoid, cases out there will work but not without putting a dremel to brand new £150+ piece of hardware
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30-07-21, 10:14 AM
Dawelio's Avatar
Dawelio Dawelio is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5,318
M01, seems awfully close to the name of the legendary NCASE M1 lol. And just looks like an copied inside of the NR200.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30-07-21, 10:35 AM
Warchild Warchild is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Norway, Oslo
Posts: 7,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I feel the same way. Most of the ITX cases are still more than 20L. Nothing small about them.

I love my NCase M1 v6. Fits most of everything and is still small. Though I would consider it at the upper range of SFF personally.
How about this one then

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 08:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.