Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Screens and Displays

Old 14-04-17, 02:43 PM
Old N Gold

32" is nice and immersive, but pixel density will be no better than 1080p 24" whilst being more demanding. Also, 32" is so large that a TN panel might introduce ugly colour shifts with anything in the corner of the screen. I even notice it on a 27" panel when sitting as far back as I can before losing text visibility. 60Hz kinda sucks as well.

The 24" 1440p panel will be nice for photo editing, but not a particularly immersive experience while gaming. Small screen + IPS + 60Hz = not ideal. Daily activities will be a challenge as well. I sometimes even struggle with a 27" 1440p panel in Windows. I would not go any lower. It's one of the main reasons why I don't think 4k has been adopted yet. 4k has been the buzzword for years now, but we're still miles away from it being implemented properly.

I don't recommend either monitors to be honest. In my opinion we're still at an awkward point where unless you fork out another couple of hundred squid you're better off with a 1080p panel. I thought it would have changed by now, but all that's changed is we now have a few more options and prices have dropped slightly. We still struggle to find a nice all-round monitor at 1440p for £400 that doesn't compromise on anything critical.

1440p is not so amazing that I'd be willing to make a major compromise.

BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX