Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 29-03-20, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Not sure what you were using previously, but do you prefer keyboards with out an armwrest? For me personally, they have become a bit of an essential to me. Since every keyboard I've own have had it and it has been rather comfortable, felt odd to not have it. That being said, I just haven't found one without, that suited my needs though.

I've had a bunch but most recently been using Corsair K70. I prefer not as I use a separate rest depending on desk setup. I also prefer to hover type most of the time.

Old 29-03-20, 09:36 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei View Post
EMI shielding on soundcards is a fallacy. This is the RME HDSPe AIO professional audio interface I use. No shielding and no boutique parts. Well designed and constructed using quality parts and not a sniff of EMI. It sounds equal or better than the creative cards and the asus essence ST I had previously. It annihilates them for latency and input quality and so it should considering the £500 it costs. (though I imagine a great deal of that is the xilinx FPGA it uses and the sheer number of in/outs and features it supports)

Have you actually tried Creatives AE-9 ? That thing sounds absolutely amazing especially when paired with a good set of cans.

Old 31-03-20, 10:39 AM
Resident Newb

So some inbred scumbag near where I live is going round the place coughing at people thinking it's funny shouting "giving you corona hahaha" , I really despise the human species.

Old 31-03-20, 11:04 AM
OC3D Elite

My HD7870XT is being retired after 8 solid years in service. Found this Saphire RX480 Nitro for £65 (Some guy has loads of them, "refurb", on eBay).

And also got myself a Thrustmaster T150 RS wheel to tide me over till the racing starts again (Probably worth more than my actual PC at this point but hopefully not for too long, though I want a 3 pedal set and a H-pattern shifter down the line)
Old 31-03-20, 11:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
So some inbred scumbag near where I live is going round the place coughing at people thinking it's funny shouting "giving you corona hahaha" , I really despise the human species.

Some of those people are truely awful, had been reading a report that police are now offered masks and face protection from people spitting on cops with the same awful reasons.
Old 31-03-20, 11:33 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrech View Post
My HD7870XT is being retired after 8 solid years in service. Found this Saphire RX480 Nitro for £65 (Some guy has loads of them, "refurb", on eBay).

And also got myself a Thrustmaster T150 RS wheel to tide me over till the racing starts again (Probably worth more than my actual PC at this point but hopefully not for too long, though I want a 3 pedal set and a H-pattern shifter down the line)
Is the GPU working well for you? I know a few people who could use new graphics cards, and this will tide them over until DX12 Ultimate GPUs become cheap.

Can you link me or PM me the seller?
Old 31-03-20, 12:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

We should revisit the project cars challenge thread again. Random car, random circuit and aim for the best time.
Old 31-03-20, 12:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYP View Post
Is the GPU working well for you? I know a few people who could use new graphics cards, and this will tide them over until DX12 Ultimate GPUs become cheap.

Can you link me or PM me the seller?
Yep, everything's worked as expected, and he's providing 12 months of warranty(Not sure how that works), apparently this guy has sold 40 of them in the last 24 hours according to eBay, he also seems to have some other models.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sapphire-...t/174184234980

Quote:
We should revisit the project cars challenge thread again. Random car, random circuit and aim for the best time.
I don't have Project Cars atm but I assume it's quite cheap now so could pick up. I do have Asseto Corsa (Original), Forza Motorsport(And hoz), the Dirt Rally games, F1 2019 and a few others though.
Old 31-03-20, 12:15 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
I don't have Project Cars atm but I assume it's quite cheap now so could pick up.

I picked up the Deluxe Edition of Project CARS 2 for around £15 last week. If we're going to be starting up the challenges again perhaps we can bump up to the sequel now it's so cheap?
Old 31-03-20, 12:38 PM

I got the email they are ready to charge me hopefully be here in time, also comes with some jacket patches

tgrech

Humble Bundle has the just drive race bundle get it while you can has some of the games you mentioned and it's cheap for all them