Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 27-06-18, 01:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Yeah I never eat chocolate now but totally have sweet tooth. Not ingested any sugar now for two weeks. Seriously the withdrawal was horrific, nearly as bad as coming off an anti depressant.
Never really had that problem when I quit smoking. Just lots of chewing gum and kept busy with work. Miniature painting also helped alot. I guess my brain was overly focussed on other things instead of cravings. But vaping and such wasn't around back then, and I'm glad, because it seems just as addictive albeit "slightly" less expensive.

Prefer to cut costs totally as opposed to spending on a different habit

Old 27-06-18, 01:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Prefer to cut costs totally as opposed to spending on a different habit
Vaping costs me about £10 per week, down from about £10 per day.

If it had to go though? oh yeah, it would go. But considering I lead a quiet life with no kids, no wife, hardly any friends etc life is cheap. I've also cut what I eat by about 40% and that includes all of the things that gave me pleasure (choc, crisps etc).

Thing is when I thought about it I thought "I only get pleasure for a minute or two of eating, then hours of regret" it really wasn't very hard. I realised I was being had. Sure it tastes nice, but it just makes you fat (and pre diabetic).

Old 27-06-18, 01:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Vaping costs me about £10 per week, down from about £10 per day.

If it had to go though? oh yeah, it would go. But considering I lead a quiet life with no kids, no wife, hardly any friends etc life is cheap. I've also cut what I eat by about 40% and that includes all of the things that gave me pleasure (choc, crisps etc).

Thing is when I thought about it I thought "I only get pleasure for a minute or two of eating, then hours of regret" it really wasn't very hard. I realised I was being had. Sure it tastes nice, but it just makes you fat (and pre diabetic).
Yeah, its amazing how the brain suddenly wakes up and realises "hey your body doesnt need this. Lets kick it out of our life".