Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Screens and Displays

Old 13-05-20, 02:42 PM
OC3D Crew

Advise on (faulty?) PG279Q

Hi all, opinions please.

I Have an ASUS PG279Q.

As of yesterday a bright spot has appeared in the bottom left and is only visible on white backgrounds, however, it does stand out quite a lot.

Apparently it's due to pressure on the reverse of the screen so not something I can fix myself.

Been in touch with ASUS and they've advised it's under warranty and can be swapped for a refurb.

Not sure what to do. It's annoying but not obviously visible (although I know it's there!).

I'm hesitant as these monitors were renowned for having QA, lots of dead pixels, back light bleed etc and I was lucky that I didn't have any of these issues. Not sure if I should RMA for sake of a small white blob. Could it get worse though?

What would you guys do?

Old 13-05-20, 02:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Are you able to take it apart to see if you can release the pressure?

Maybe better the devil you know, given the risk of getting an ram unit with bleed and or dead pixels
ASUS ROG Crosshair VII wifi | Ryzen 5 3600 | Custom Loop | Patriot Viper Steel 4133 @ 3600 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung 500gb nvme | Samsung 1Tb nvme | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Barracuda 1tb storage | Toshiba 1Tb HDD | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho Pro Tempered Glass | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 13-05-20, 03:13 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
Are you able to take it apart to see if you can release the pressure?

Maybe better the devil you know, given the risk of getting an ram unit with bleed and or dead pixels
Yup, that's my concern.

It's still in warranty so not wanting to take it apart.

Have started the RMA and already ran into a snag.

ASUS replied:

"The form with the serial number: XXXXXXXX has been rejected as the given information advises that the unit is provided with local warranty only."

Had to send them a copy of my invoice again.