Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 05-06-15, 11:47 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
ASUS will not change the ROG colours allways have been Red/Black allways will be Red/Black.

I'm sure i have heard JJ from ASUS and he said that they will not be changing the colour
I didn't say that mate... I said that ROG is enough with back and red, they don't have to go any further with the colouring scheme as they are doing now.

Old 05-06-15, 11:48 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrazey View Post
I didn't say that mate... I said that ROG is enough with back and red, they don't have to go any further with the colouring scheme as they are doing now.
I must have misread it, my mistake
Old 05-06-15, 01:18 PM
OC3D Elite

Haha another transformer like the Asus Titan.. kids these days.

Watercooling - custom
Old 12-01-17, 08:48 AM

Asus's premium pricing

While they do look like nice components I'm not really interested in paying the Asus ROG premium that comes with them, Admittedly I have a ROG motherboard but I bought that for the features more than anything else, I'm perfectly happy to buy bit's like ram that are colour coded for my build. If these parts don't include much of a price hike then sure there great.
Old 12-01-17, 08:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Well, seeing that this thread is from June 2015, I'm almost certain that question has been answered comprehensively in the last 18 months...
Old 12-01-17, 09:07 AM

Asus's premium pricing

While they do look like nice components I'm not really interested in paying extra for the name that comes with them, Admittedly I have a ROG motherboard but I bought that for the features more than anything else, I'm perfectly happy to buy parts like the ram that are colour coded for my build. So, if these parts don't include much of a price hike I might consider buying them as I'm looking to do a new build sometime this year and will need to move to ddr4.
Old 12-01-17, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashathedog View Post
While they do look like nice components I'm not really interested in paying extra for the name that comes with them, Admittedly I have a ROG motherboard but I bought that for the features more than anything else, I'm perfectly happy to buy parts like the ram that are colour coded for my build. So, if these parts don't include much of a price hike I might consider buying them as I'm looking to do a new build sometime this year and will need to move to ddr4.
I can see where your coming from with the asus costing a bit more, but as it stands ill happily pay that price for asus gear because its normally bulletproof, they dont cut corners.

I still remember getting a ud7 back in the day and it cost a little less and seemed like a good deal, stuck my 8350 in it, and this is way back when they originally came out, the ud7 popped its vrms, cool sound, horrible smell, and straight in the bin. Got a formula z and its worked perfectly since.

So ye they might be a bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for when it comes to motherboards, that said when it comes to ram, im corsair all the way.

Edit, to the article, even though they have shown a full cover waterblock, i would be much happier if the waterblocks they were doing were the same as the ones we see on the extreme, with the leak sensor and it just looked more refined dont you think ?