Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards

Old 12-01-17, 07:36 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadShadow View Post
So does ASUS replace all cards with new ones?
I've only ever dealt with overclockers.co.uk when I've bought Asus cards through them and even after 30 days they just wait for you to send the faulty card back, Test it to make sure it really is knackered and then get a new one off their shelf and send it to you, This is just from my experience though.

Old 12-01-17, 08:30 AM
The Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
My issue with the 30 day thing, is it starts the day you buy it, not get it. It should be when you get it in the mail. Otherwise if you buy it but it's out of stock and doesn't get stocked till 6 days later, then it takes 5 days to ship to you, thats already "11 days of ownership" and leaves you with 19 total days(this is an example btw).
I'm fairly sure that's not true... Definitely not in the UK, it's from date of receipt, not date of purchase.
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 12-01-17, 09:41 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
I'm fairly sure that's not true... Definitely not in the UK, it's from date of receipt, not date of purchase.
correct, it comes into place from the date you signed for it if ordered via online.

But all this debate. Its very interesting. EVGA are touted for the best customer service. Based on this feedback, I would say they might be good but cause alot of hassle. Some customers would not have the patience, nor wish to have to deal with them in this manner.

I'm not saying its bad service, but seems a little dragged out.
Old 12-01-17, 11:59 AM
OC3D Elite

EVGA were supposed to be getting a UK RMA hub. That was over a year ago, god knows what happened to it !

I'm put off of EVGA for a few reasons, but mainly the price per the service etc. I also don't buy directly from them because they want £17 to ship a back plate.

Manners cost nothing, but a lack of them will cost you everything.
Old 12-01-17, 12:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
EVGA were supposed to be getting a UK RMA hub. That was over a year ago, god knows what happened to it !

I'm put off of EVGA for a few reasons, but mainly the price per the service etc. I also don't buy directly from them because they want £17 to ship a back plate.
Well if its shipped from US, I don't see that as a bad thing. I bought from Swiftech once and had to pay £45 to Norway. But yes, im curious what happened to their UK based hub. I saw it mentioned many times at OCUK
Old 12-01-17, 12:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Well if its shipped from US, I don't see that as a bad thing. I bought from Swiftech once and had to pay £45 to Norway. But yes, im curious what happened to their UK based hub. I saw it mentioned many times at OCUK
Nah it's Germany dude. So any RMA you do yourself will cost you about £25 in shipping.

Old 12-01-17, 12:27 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Nah it's Germany dude. So any RMA you do yourself will cost you about £25 in shipping.
ah ok. £17 from Germany is pretty damn steep. Single market my a**! :P

Imagine how it will be once BREXIT is complete.
Old 12-01-17, 07:21 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
It's date of purchase in the US for Amazon, Newegg, etc. Sorry assumed it was the same everywhere else since they are international companies(well not newegg but ya know what i mean)
Old 12-01-17, 07:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Quote:
The replacement is being shipped from Germany, Around Wolfratshausen to be precise which is in Bavaria south Germany.

Also the UK RMA hub is actually in Preston *Northern England* so it's not exactly hard to send to but the price for sending the package will cost me £30 as I have to put insurance on it to be on the safe side.
Old 12-01-17, 09:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Ah cool so they have the hub sorted now then. Shame they can't sell product from there too.