Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Desk & Work Area

Old 05-10-16, 10:28 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereIs0nly0ne View Post
Replaced a few things and made a stand for the new rig:

Made a blanking sheet for the right side of the case as my cable management skills aren't too great:

Nice idea with the blanking sheet! Love your work.

Old 06-10-16, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimma47 View Post
Nice idea with the blanking sheet! Love your work.
Thank you!

A couple more picture of the rig while I'm here ....

I still need to create a custom label for the PSU.
Old 10-10-16, 07:56 PM

Managed to get the lighting linked up over the weekend. The colour's not to everyone's taste I'm sure:

Also worked on the cabling which is now encapsulated in white trunking attached to the skirting board.
Old 11-10-16, 02:04 AM
OC3D Elite

Great setup sir! Very nice!
/ 360 rad x 3 / dual D5 vario pumps
Old 11-10-16, 02:14 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Extremely clean setup. Pretty jealous! Wish I had room for a setup like that.

BTW, what desk is that? Looks really thick and strong, unlike most desks I find.
Old 11-10-16, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Amazing setup there! I love the lighting, it suites the desk and your rig very well. It's also a lot easier on the eyes when you're doing long sessions behind the monitor
Old 11-10-16, 11:20 AM
The Webmaster

dude nice setup !! Still waiting for the Frontier chair to make it to our office :P
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB Gigabyte Windforce 780GTX - SLi | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | Corsair RM1000i | Caselabs SM8 - White | 2 x Alphacool 360x60 | Bitspower 400mm Res Top | Dual Laing D5 Pumps | Bitspower C47 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone Optical - Navy Storm | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | DELL U2413 + 2 x U2412M | AKG K702's | AKG K7XX S/N#000016 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5 | TrackClip Pro
Notice: Don't feed the trolls!
Old 11-10-16, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Great setup sir! Very nice!
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Extremely clean setup. Pretty jealous! Wish I had room for a setup like that.

BTW, what desk is that? Looks really thick and strong, unlike most desks I find.
Thank you. The desk is a heavily modified Trexus - selected for stability and size. I made some side/front panels for it and the monitor shelf also. I couldn't find one I liked so thought I'd adapt it to my own style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asperatis View Post
Amazing setup there! I love the lighting, it suites the desk and your rig very well. It's also a lot easier on the eyes when you're doing long sessions behind the monitor
Thank you and yes, I've noticed that the lighting does help with eye strain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuB View Post
dude nice setup !! Still waiting for the Frontier chair to make it to our office :P
Cheers - yes, I'm a little embarassed I haven't finished that yet - a few family related curve balls were tossed into my life during the last 12 months unfortunately.
Old 27-12-16, 06:58 AM

Well, my awesome wife bought me an Oculus Touch for Christmas. As well as being able to use it for its intended purpose, the other reason was to use the second receiver in a dedicated fashion on the rig (I can simply twist this to point in a different direction when using it for Touch purposes). I did need to remove the mounting pole from the stand (hacksaw job) to enable me to do this. Fortunately the rig itself has very little discernible flex or movement in it (largely due to the triple thickness sides and double thickness supporting panels along with various metal supporting braces on the wheel stem), so the operation is great with no wobbling of the receiver.

Old 04-02-17, 04:23 PM

Things still to do:

1. Fit some rockwool behind the speakers to improve the sound
2. Replace 1080p monitor with a 4k monitor (I've used DSR to see whether I'm likely to be able to run the games I'm interested in at 4K @ 60fps)
3. Rebuild the back
4. Fit some LED lighting as it sets the mood when I have the lights off
5. Design some alternative artwork toppers (laminated) so I can swap them out periodically (new Mortal Kombat X, Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Injustice 2, generic etc)

... well, I started on the LED lighting. I'll be adding a dimmer tomorrow as it'll arrive then. I will also be fitting some to the back.