Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 11-01-17, 10:19 AM
News Guru

AMD's Ryzen CPUs will launch at or before GDC 2017

AMD's Ryzen CPUs will launch at or before GDC 2017, which starts on February 27th. At GDC AMD plans on delivering an "Optimizing for AMD Ryzen CPU" session to help engineers develop for the new architecture.

Read more on AMD's Ryzen CPUs launch window.
Old 11-01-17, 10:59 AM

If this is accurate, then it is perfectly timed for me to sort out my Birthday present to myself.
Old 11-01-17, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Well, at least it isn't March. Wish it was sooner though, got a pile of parts ready to rock but can't install any until Zen (finally) launches

Main Rig
Ryzen 1700X @ 3.8GHz | MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair H100i v2 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED Blue 3200 MHz
XFX RX 480 8GB | 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX | 2 x 1TB HGST | Corsair RM850 CableMod | Corsair Carbide 400C
Side Rig (Will be complete.. Sometime)
Phenom II X4 955 | Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 | Cooler TBC | RAM 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz | XFX Radeon HD 6850
SSD TBC | HDD TBC | PSU TBC | Case TBC
Old 11-01-17, 11:33 AM
OC3D Crew

shame they are holding back GPU
Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H | A10-6800k mild oc | Antec H1200 | Hyperx 1866 2 x 8gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 140gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 11-01-17, 12:16 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
shame they are holding back GPU
It's not ready. You can tell the one they were using was a production sample. When they order PCBs for those they order like one or two. My guy in Taiwan posted when they ordered those and it was in September. Raja said he was somewhere sorting out Vega on Twitter which all coincided with the order AMD had made for PCBs.

They have not placed a large order yet. IMO showing Vega was just to try and keep the wolves from the door tbh. It's nowhere close to release but AMD wanted to show something to go along with Zen. Which will probably increase their share price and get them more investors.

If you just assume that AMD will release at the same time of the year for GPUs you won't see them until June and in volume until August IMO.

Young man ya too girly girly, you're just a Cadbury's Curly Wurly
Old 13-01-17, 02:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
It's not ready. You can tell the one they were using was a production sample. When they order PCBs for those they order like one or two. My guy in Taiwan posted when they ordered those and it was in September. Raja said he was somewhere sorting out Vega on Twitter which all coincided with the order AMD had made for PCBs.

They have not placed a large order yet. IMO showing Vega was just to try and keep the wolves from the door tbh. It's nowhere close to release but AMD wanted to show something to go along with Zen. Which will probably increase their share price and get them more investors.

If you just assume that AMD will release at the same time of the year for GPUs you won't see them until June and in volume until August IMO.
I read today that May was slated for the release of Vega. I suspect June and July will mark widespread availability. That will make it two years since Fury. That's quite a long time for an unappreciated product to remain unchanged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Old School View Post
IMO it's still too late these should be out at the end of this month not next.
The way I see it, you would have to be either 1). desperate, 2). impatient, 3). keen on the Z270 platform, or 4). an Intel fanboy to not bother waiting two months for Zen. This mentality of 'It has to be now or else it's too late' is a byproduct of our generation. We have to have everything now. People would rather have a (somewhat) proven inferior product just because they don't want to wait two months.
Old 11-01-17, 04:54 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Damn I'm on fire with all these release dates and spec's. I said it would release middle to late February
Old 11-01-17, 09:14 PM

So just want to give a quick update that it looks like they have removed the words "recently-launched."
Old 11-01-17, 09:27 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kourgath223 View Post
So just want to give a quick update that it looks like they have removed the words "recently-launched."
The article has been updated with this new information. Thank you very much for the input.
Old 11-01-17, 09:57 PM
OC3D Elite

IMO it's still too late these should be out at the end of this month not next.