Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 15-06-18, 05:42 PM
AMD Enthusiast

I read that article to and doubted most of it. Sure Sony looked into the future of AMD uarch designs however I doubt AMD is creating brand new uarch's to sell to Sony alone. Makes no sense from a financial standpoint. It would be a useless uarch as the Cell Processor was for PS3. Super expensive and cause more development work for which is the last thing devs and games want.

Old 15-06-18, 06:31 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I read that article to and doubted most of it. Sure Sony looked into the future of AMD uarch designs however I doubt AMD is creating brand new uarch's to sell to Sony alone. Makes no sense from a financial standpoint. It would be a useless uarch as the Cell Processor was for PS3. Super expensive and cause more development work for which is the last thing devs and games want.
My thoughts are that AMD is using Sony to see what they should be working on for future architectures, after all, the console chips are "Semi-Custom" not "fully-custom".

Having Navi developed solely on the shoulders of Sony seems like a terrible idea, though Sony having an influence on the design doesn't sound like a bad thing, given how their first party developers are some of the best in the business and should, in theory, know exactly what they want from future graphics chips (what limiting factors they want worked on etc). There is no reason why these enhancements shouldn't apply to future PC parts.

AMD putting less focus on Vega and more engineering weight further down the roadmap doesn't sound like an unbelievable idea, or that Sony are influencing architectural changes. TBH, I think too much weight is being pushed on Sony here.
Old 15-06-18, 06:35 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Yep the article makes it seem like Sony is all but literally fabricating the architecture.

AMD has technology they are working on. Early in the process. Sony basically just came along and said let's what you got so far. Sony just relays the information they have and AMD said ya know we can do that and maybe this etc.

But for them to say Sony basically is doing all of it is just naive.
Old 15-06-18, 09:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Assassin's Creed Odyssey abilities - all Alexios and Kassandra's skills explained

https://www.pcgamesn.com/assassins-c...ies-skill-tree
Old 18-06-18, 10:00 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to Dicehunter
Angry dad: 'My 12-year-old son spent £691 buying Fortnite accessories in three days'

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news...2-year-1684870
=Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440P G-Sync 100Hz IPS 4Ms=
=Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter = Uplay - DicehunterUPLAY=

Old 18-06-18, 10:08 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Angry dad: 'My 12-year-old son spent £691 buying Fortnite accessories in three days'

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news...2-year-1684870

Dads own fault if he has used the card to make purchases on the system before natwest will not see it as unusual, xbox has parental controls my son can't make purchases without me signing in and it's not a complicated process to setup. i'd assume PS has similar things
RAM: 2x 8GB CORSAIR VENGENCE LED
GPU: TTL white 1060
PSU: Corsair Rm850x
Old 18-06-18, 10:20 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback View Post
Dads own fault if he has used the card to make purchases on the system before natwest will not see it as unusual, xbox has parental controls my son can't make purchases without me signing in and it's not a complicated process to setup. i'd assume PS has similar things
They all have some sort of parental locking, Nintendo's being the most comprehensive.

I share your view that its the dad's fault, no way in hell would I allow my card to be linked to my kids account, they buy credit top ups and that's it
Old 18-06-18, 04:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0ggles1994 View Post
They all have some sort of parental locking, Nintendo's being the most comprehensive.

I share your view that its the dad's fault, no way in hell would I allow my card to be linked to my kids account, they buy credit top ups and that's it
I could make an account and add my partners card without her knowing in minutes. Xbox being the easiest of all consoles to do it. Not all parents are tech savvy enough to enable proper protection.