Old 04-10-19, 10:15 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
If it helps any so did I lol.
Great minds think a like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Yup, it becomes very hot due to the build material being aluminium, which is an excellent heat transmitter. Which is what happened in my last Dan Case A4 SFX, the top part got so hot that I almost burned my finger on the touch.
It's not that bad really. I mean it's hot and if you kept your fingers there for a bit yeah it'll get bad. But if I am gaming, why the heck would my hands be on my case anyway?

Cools off incredibly fast on the other hand. As far as I am concerned it's not a con. This is by far the best case I have ever used.

Only two cons I can think of is lack of GPU compatibility and lack of tie-downs. It would be helpful to have more tie downs but not a big deal. Really it's only GPU compatability.

Old 04-10-19, 10:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
It's not that bad really. I mean it's hot and if you kept your fingers there for a bit yeah it'll get bad. But if I am gaming, why the heck would my hands be on my case anyway?

Cools off incredibly fast on the other hand. As far as I am concerned it's not a con. This is by far the best case I have ever used.

Only two cons I can think of is lack of GPU compatibility and lack of tie-downs. It would be helpful to have more tie downs but not a big deal. Really it's only GPU compatability.
Fair enough bud... And true, although I just touched it to see why it was so very hot in my room and just noticed that the case itself was like an oven. Hence the touch.

I can see your point regarding GPU compability, yet the NCASE M1 is very compatible while being bascically the 2nd smallest, most popular, SFF case in the world and on the market at the moment.

I mean, even my 1080 Ti Strix fitted inside of it and that's a big and fat GPU.
Old 05-10-19, 12:33 AM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawelio View Post
Fair enough bud... And true, although I just touched it to see why it was so very hot in my room and just noticed that the case itself was like an oven. Hence the touch.

I can see your point regarding GPU compability, yet the NCASE M1 is very compatible while being bascically the 2nd smallest, most popular, SFF case in the world and on the market at the moment.

I mean, even my 1080 Ti Strix fitted inside of it and that's a big and fat GPU.
I mean it can fit a lot. But card height being the biggest issue, then overall width over the length of the card.

The width of the card is my biggest gripe because I want 2 120mm fans and with the 25mm it restricts me to basically 2 slot designs.
If I got 15mm fans then I could get slightly thicker but not much really.

Then having a card with recessed power connectors is a big deal. I have a slightly taller card and the power connectors are at the top. So when using cables, it definitely makes my side panel stick out a little bit. If it was recessed it would be fine. Or even stock height.

Just lots of small things for the GPU. Though I'm still happy. I run way quieter overall and cooler despite my case being more than 50% smaller than my last one AND is basically full of holes.
Old 06-10-19, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
I had no idea with C8i was and had to google it. Now I feel stupid for not knowing what it meant
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
If it helps any so did I lol.
lol, sorry. Been waiting so damn long for this board, reading what I can daily about it, that I forget other people aren't as obsessed as me.

Old 06-10-19, 06:48 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
lol, sorry. Been waiting so damn long for this board, reading what I can daily about it, that I forget other people aren't as obsessed as me.
No worries man. I did the same thing for the Ncase M1
Old 07-10-19, 12:10 AM
OC3D Elite

I went down the nerd rabbit hole HARD. Was feeling sick all last week with a cold / flu, and my $40 TP-link router started acting up. Apparently it's fine with me, 2 PCs, and a phone over wifi, but once my visiting parents added their iPads into the mix, it was not liking it. That lead me to thinking about a beefier router, which lead me to thinking about a switch, which lead me to becoming 10GbE horny even though I have ZERO need for it, which all lead a nerd with a fever and NO networking expertise to go all "Dice" on the situation and buy things:

The XR700 router was used (thank god). Bloody thing retails for $690CDN, got it for under $500. I wasn't planning to go ape on a router, but it pairs so nicely with the SX10 switch that I couldn't resist. The switch was $250CDN, but it has two 10 gig ports, and 8 1gig ports. Plan is to buy a 10GB SFP+ doohickey for the router and run 10GB to the switch, then 10GB to my main PC, just because.

Old 07-10-19, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I went down the nerd rabbit hole HARD. Was feeling sick all last week with a cold / flu, and my $40 TP-link router started acting up. Apparently it's fine with me, 2 PCs, and a phone over wifi, but once my visiting parents added their iPads into the mix, it was not liking it. That lead me to thinking about a beefier router, which lead me to thinking about a switch, which lead me to becoming 10GbE horny even though I have ZERO need for it, which all lead a nerd with a fever and NO networking expertise to go all "Dice" on the situation and buy things:

The XR700 router was used (thank god). Bloody thing retails for $690CDN, got it for under $500. I wasn't planning to go ape on a router, but it pairs so nicely with the SX10 switch that I couldn't resist. The switch was $250CDN, but it has two 10 gig ports, and 8 1gig ports. Plan is to buy a 10GB SFP+ doohickey for the router and run 10GB to the switch, then 10GB to my main PC, just because.
The price of 10Gbe is definitely falling now that high end enterprise has moved to both 40 & 100Gbe. I paid similar money in total for my cisco 1921 with VDSL modem and juniper EX3300-24P. You at least get some peace and quiet along with built in wireless.

One thing that does baffle me slightly is why the XR700 has an SFP+ port instead of a 10Gbase-T port. The lack of any SFP+ ports on the switch makes linking the two rather awkward. Copper transceivers break SFP spec on power draw, aren't particularly reliable due to the heat they generate and cost a small fortune. That is one reason why I'm glad I went with OM3 fibre.

Ironically, it was a TP link playing up that triggered my OTT networking reaction.

Old 07-10-19, 10:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei View Post
One thing that does baffle me slightly is why the XR700 has an SFP+ port instead of a 10Gbase-T port. The lack of any SFP+ ports on the switch makes linking the two rather awkward. Copper transceivers break SFP spec on power draw, aren't particularly reliable due to the heat they generate and cost a small fortune. That is one reason why I'm glad I went with OM3 fibre.

Ironically, it was a TP link playing up that triggered my OTT networking reaction.
Agreed. I had no idea about the copper stuff breaking SFP spec. I probably wouldn't have ordered a cheap transceiver, LOL! Oh well, what's done is done. We'll see if it works out or not when it arrives.

I also just found out that my near $500 GB Aorus X570 motherboard can't run two GPUs at 8x / 8x, with this 10Gb NIC. I'm hoping there's a workaround to this, since this is a silly problem to have. Works just fine in my single GPU 2700X rig though, full 10Gb connection to the switch, so I know the card isn't broken. More research is required, as I thought my bottom PCIE slot was chipset-driven, so I didn't have to worry about lanes running dual GPUs.

Old 08-10-19, 12:24 AM
OC3D Elite

Welp, dipped my toes into lenses and got sucked in futher. Got a 2.8 16-50 in addition to the earlier prime. And also a 60% keyboard with MX blues since who needs practicality.
Old 08-10-19, 01:18 AM
AMD Enthusiast

I like the keyboard. I would personally like a smaller one. I just use the Numpad on mine so often it's kinda necessary. Takes up a lot of room though.

I guess I could convince myself to get a smaller one for outside of school/work though