Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 15-11-19, 06:50 PM
AMD Enthusiast

What resolution is that and what software you using for the screen overlay?

Old 15-11-19, 07:40 PM
Resident Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
What resolution is that and what software you using for the screen overlay?

2560x1440P max settings, Software is a mix of Afterburner, Hwinfo and RTSS to actually display it all, Afterburner just displays the time and FPS, Hwinfo displays anything and everything you want, Highly customisable.
Old Today, 06:56 PM
OC3D Elite

I finally decided X570 was not enough PCIE lanes for my uses. Selling my 3900X 12 core, and bought this:

Old Today, 07:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
I finally decided X570 was not enough PCIE lanes for my uses. Selling my 3900X 12 core, and bought this:

Can't see the model name. And you bought the old Threadripper just 8 days before the launch of the new one???
Old Today, 07:06 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
Can't see the model name. And you bought the old Threadripper just 8 days before the launch of the new one???
Yeah I was thinking this?
Even if you were going to opt for last gen Threadripper. You've got cyber Monday and Black Friday like 2 weeks away and prices are likely to drop further when Threadripper 2 comes out?

Seems like an odd move? Did you buy second hand or something?
My Rig : Fractal S2 Case, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, Ryzen 3800X, Corsair H115i Platinum, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO, 32 Gb Team Pro Dark RAM 3200Mhz, Samsung 970 EVO SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
Old Today, 07:35 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
It's the 16 core, 2950X. Not interested in the new one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSK View Post
Yeah I was thinking this?
Even if you were going to opt for last gen Threadripper. You've got cyber Monday and Black Friday like 2 weeks away and prices are likely to drop further when Threadripper 2 comes out?

Seems like an odd move? Did you buy second hand or something?
It was on a decent sale already, and availability is getting slim. Doubt it will drop much more on Black Friday. New Threadripper isn't under consideration since that's more than I need, and due to the entry price.

Bottom line: when you're build-horny, you buy things. Saving a few bucks here and there doesn't matter much. I've been debating this for months. Saving a few bucks on sale isn't worth the hassle for me.