Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 15-09-14, 08:16 PM
OC3D Elite

| lumo |

Sponsored by:

Welcome everyone to a new log and let me introduce the willing participant,the In Win D Frame MINI!

After the S3,which is far too large for a LAN box like originally planned,I wanted a smaller footprint and something a bit more aesthetically pleasing,so,after seeing this gorgeous case at Computex,I made some inquiries at In Win and here is the result!

Some of you may have seen this case about and,if you follow any of my forum witterings,probably know already that I had this coming.
The case is a tubular spaceframe design made with Alu tube and,quite frankly,a mobo tray that is a structural grade piece of kit! The tempered glass is a lovely thing to see and is common place on all the high end In Win chassis.

Shall we have a walk round the case then?

You have never seen a mobo tray that thick,guarantee it!

You can have the PSU either way,up or down.

Massively thick HDD and SSD mounts.

Backside of the tray.

Tray out!

The whole tray is decluttered,this ITX case has ambition....

This mod is changing the standard ITX flavour into mATX!

As you can see,you get a substantial case for you money,the anodized frame is nice and well finished and no skimping on materials,Im looking forward to working on it......

First thing is to strip the anodizing ready for some lovely paint,I know I just praised the coating quality and it seems like it would be a waste to strip it but it will be worth it!

The paint I will be using for the frame is....

Also,sadly,that mobo tray is also going for a 25mm sandwich tray that will carry all the cabling,most of the watercooling routing and an integrated reservoir.
As always,the aim is a clean looking build,no faff or fluff but details to keep you entertained!

LET THE BUILD COMMENCE!!

Magoo insists that he is project lead on this.......He isnt but you know....he thinks he is.....

Old 15-09-14, 08:21 PM
OC3D Elite

Looks very interesting. I like the idea of an open case, so lets see MOAR!

Old 15-09-14, 08:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Normally Im waiting for hardware but not this time.ASUS provided the Gryphon z97,a modders favorite for very obvious reasons and I have a pair of cards with tidy Watercool blocks ready to go. I rounded of the waterblocks with a MIPS Iceforce HF,an awesome block which sadly isnt available easily now since MIPS closed their doors. A major loss to the watercooling world...

The thickest hold down you will ever see!

You just dont see a finish like the finish you get with MIPS....

On to another of my favorite block makers,this time the German outfit,Watercool.

The DC i7 looks like a promising candidate or I may just recycle the 4770k in CLoS3 IMPACT,I dont want to go mad as there a x99 rig coming up in the next few months....

Old 15-09-14, 08:34 PM
OC3D Elite

Those GPU blocks look real sexy.

Old 15-09-14, 09:01 PM
Advanced Member

lol got one of those HF blocks layin around ^^ they're pretty cool! Those GPU blocks look awesome idd
Old 15-09-14, 09:51 PM
born in a.....

Ahh another high end inwin chassis on the forums. Welcome to the Glass-terace. This is going to be a great build to follow .
Rig: i7 [email protected]|2x8gb HyperX Fury|Intel z97-AR|Corsair H75| 2x Nvidia 1070 founders edition|Superflower leadex 750W gold|Inwin 904| 970 EVO 500GB m.2|512GB evo 840| Crucial MX 500 500GB|ASUS MG279Q +Acer S240HL| Windows 10 pro, 8.1 pro| Kubuntu LTS
Audio: Silverstone EB01-E+EB03+DT 770 Pro 250Ω+Samson SAGOMIC
Ducky Legend (cherry red)+Zowie AM-FG
Old 15-09-14, 10:49 PM
OC3D Elite

In!!! Those are some seriously sexy blocks!!

Old 16-09-14, 05:22 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
In!!!
For the Win!

Was that a pun?

But yeah, will follow

"If a bear looks good in the woods when nobody is there, is he still a cool ass motherf***ing bear?" - JR23
Old 16-09-14, 09:06 AM
The Guvnor

Shouldnt there be a case around that roll cage? I really do not like any of the In Win range

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 16-09-14, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Shouldnt there be a case around that roll cage? I really do not like any of the In Win range
I'd started to think I was the only person who felt like this. All I see when I look at an In Win case is "My god, the dust".