Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 23-09-20, 07:39 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Nice and clean now

Looks REALLY good!

Enthoo Elite | i9-7900X | Rampage VI Extreme | Dominator Platinum 32GB | RTX 2080 FE | 960 Pro 512GB, 840 Evo 250GB x 2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 | HP Omen 27i, MX27AQ | Custom Watercooling Loop + Aquaero 6 XT

Old 23-09-20, 07:53 PM
OC3D Elite

^ Such a clever solution!

Bought pretty boring items - USB hub, long USB 3.0 Type B cable and a longish DisplayPort cable. Now there's basically two cables between my computer and the desk, and all my peripherals plug into the hub with possible AC adapters stashed on a shelf behind the curtain.

I was proper pleased with the improved cable management but of course back of the computer and my habit of using the monitor arm as a mouse bungee stick out like a sore thumb now that I took a closer look at this photo.
Old 23-09-20, 11:29 PM
AMD Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
Nice and clean now

Don't clean to me. I'm seeing lots of dust!

But in all seriousness it does look clean. I have 2 of these in my ITX rig(desperately needs it) and it makes it so much easier to route cables and probably helps reduce strain on the wires from being bent for so long
Old 24-09-20, 03:32 AM
Resident Newb

Can't remember if I posted this already but I got a Chilldex and vented front cover for my Index, Chilldex makes a huge difference, A slow steady stream of dispersed cool air, It's the difference of being able to do 1 hour of VR or 4, Really good investment, You can have it at a set speed or set it to a temperature based speed, Whisper quiet and really professionally made, It has a rubber gasket that seals it flat against the Index's frunk, Lines up perfectly with the USB slot and is just an all round damn nice piece of kit.

3D printed from Etsy and the finish is much better than the picture portrays, Not shown in the pic but it's in a colour that is called Galaxy Black, Basically black with tiny specs of silver dust, Quite nice looking, The central lambda symbol is actually a cut out and lets air in for the chilldex.

Old 24-09-20, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
I don't go on Track's but I do like country roads etc and there are a few nice ones near me.

Thing is if I get a new job which could be within the next 3 to 6 months, then I am changing my car to either a Mustang or M3.

If I keep it then the car which I have now is having some stupid money spent on it.
What car is it?
Old 24-09-20, 08:14 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
Can't remember if I posted this already but I got a Chilldex and vented front cover for my Index, Chilldex makes a huge difference, A slow steady stream of dispersed cool air, It's the difference of being able to do 1 hour of VR or 4, Really good investment, You can have it at a set speed or set it to a temperature based speed, Whisper quiet and really professionally made, It has a rubber gasket that seals it flat against the Index's frunk, Lines up perfectly with the USB slot and is just an all round damn nice piece of kit.

3D printed from Etsy and the finish is much better than the picture portrays, Not shown in the pic but it's in a colour that is called Galaxy Black, Basically black with tiny specs of silver dust, Quite nice looking, The central lambda symbol is actually a cut out and lets air in for the chilldex.

As much as I like the product, since I looked into it too.. I can't justify the price they want for it. Not sure its worth $50 for the standard mode. I dont want to manually fiddle with it. It needs to have a temp sensor by default which I believe is only on the premium version

I did see they allow you to download their frunk with the childex cutouts for free though. Also. It says 7000rpm quiet fans, but I see complaints on youtube showing its far from quiet. It looks like the fans you had on the Z97 mobos which were annoying as hell.
Old 24-09-20, 10:02 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
What car is it?

BMW 320D E90 (currently at around ~210bhp)

The person who had the car before me, messed up the suspension and basically it caused the front left shock to leak so I had to replace it.

At that time I didn't have the money to do it with some coilovers, so just had to replace it with OEM shocks and springs and some other parts that I cannot remember the name of.

When going around corners the car leans a lot, it feels like it's going to tip (I know it won't), but it feels like the wheel arches are close to hitting the wheels and close to losing grip at say 45 mph round a fairly easy corner.

Previously with the messed up suspension it leaned, but not as much as currently.

Over a certain speed the front end feels very floaty as if the front end is lifting up by about half a foot, it never did that before.

This is why if I keep the car, I am going to have coilovers fitted to drop the right height and stiffen the suspension because of some of the roads I drive on and also I may start to take it to the track.

Which ever car I get, the Mustang, M3, M5, Supra, or a C8 as I will be able to afford any of them if I get the new job, I am looking at starting to go to tracks next year.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's

Old 24-09-20, 11:49 AM
OC3D Crew

New fans for the server, along with some filters and splitters.

Old 24-09-20, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
BMW 320D E90 (currently at around ~210bhp)

The person who had the car before me, messed up the suspension and basically it caused the front left shock to leak so I had to replace it.

At that time I didn't have the money to do it with some coilovers, so just had to replace it with OEM shocks and springs and some other parts that I cannot remember the name of.

When going around corners the car leans a lot, it feels like it's going to tip (I know it won't), but it feels like the wheel arches are close to hitting the wheels and close to losing grip at say 45 mph round a fairly easy corner.

Previously with the messed up suspension it leaned, but not as much as currently.

Over a certain speed the front end feels very floaty as if the front end is lifting up by about half a foot, it never did that before.

This is why if I keep the car, I am going to have coilovers fitted to drop the right height and stiffen the suspension because of some of the roads I drive on and also I may start to take it to the track.

Which ever car I get, the Mustang, M3, M5, Supra, or a C8 as I will be able to afford any of them if I get the new job, I am looking at starting to go to tracks next year.
Biggest issue on the track in that car will be quality of tyres and brake pads/fluid overheating because it's so heavy. It's not a performance car so I'd expect it to roll quite a lot. Obviously reducing roll will reduce comfort too. Coilovers will help a bit with roll but I'm not sure I'd personally want to spend that on a 320D, but it's all personal preference. It's why I sold my 330D and got a MX5 NC as it only needs a set of coilovers to be pretty good fun on the track.
Old 24-09-20, 02:20 PM
OC3D Elite

I have Continental Premium Contact 6 tyres, with currently the standard breaks fitted to the 320D, but if I keep it then it's getting a "Big Brake" kit on it, new rad and intercooler, new hybrid turbo, full performance exhaust etc etc.

If I took it on the Track though I would have a set of wheels specifically for the track with some good track tyres.

Server PC: 2700x, 16GB Corsair DDR4, MSI GTX 1660Ti, Gigabyte 120Gb M.2, Crucial 240Gb SSD, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 2x Seagate 6Tb HDD's