OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post

What GPU is this?

That case looks amazing btw

Old 18-03-20, 03:56 PM
OC3D Elite

2080ti kingpin.

It's the only card out of the box that beats a Titan RTX.

It was stupid money but I'd saved that and more by not water cooling. I also saved £200 by swapping the board.

I'm amazed not to have seen any one use the case. It's dual chamber. The mobo goes in the right side upside down and the GPUs go in the left vertically. It comes with two ribbons so I'm going to put my Xonar STX in that side with it.

Part of the £200 saving on the board meant crap onboard sound.

Old 18-03-20, 08:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Your meant to be getting rid of it, not finding cheap deals lol
ASUS ROG Crosshair VII wifi | Ryzen 5 3600 | Custom Loop | Patriot Viper Steel 4133 @ 3600 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung 500gb nvme | Samsung 1Tb nvme | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Barracuda 1tb storage | Toshiba 1Tb HDD | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho Pro Tempered Glass | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 18-03-20, 08:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobM View Post
Your meant to be getting rid of it, not finding cheap deals lol
haha none of it was cheap. Well, a bargain. It was what it was. Just didn't see the point of spending £360 on a mobo. I don't need lanes, or stupid storage, or any of that. I have all that already.

Just need to get the Der8auer socket shifter once it's released. Double digit temp drops definitely interest me.

Old 18-03-20, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member

Looking interesting , I do like the case , look myself at that one b4 I got the Helios , only thing I would check is if your power supply will cope if you overclock , I know my galax 2080ti recomends as a minimum 750 at stock out of the box setting , not sure on KP but I have looked at mine and I can't find a minimum recommended size
Old 18-03-20, 09:14 PM
OC3D Elite

It uses around 380w or so on the AIO. The CPU is quite good as it goes, so it should be fine. It's quite simple. Two sticks of RAM, two NVME SSDs, no hard drives and no pumps and stuff.

Nvidia always over shoot the power specs, just in case you are using something like a 750w bronze or "not really a 750w". Unless I fold on it I can't see it ever pulling max power just gaming. It's usually one or the other. Like, heavy CPU use or GPU use but never both fully maxed out.

I'm going to try this covid folding on my other rig with the 1550w psu. It's all under water too, so should be perfectly safe.

For perspective. I still think he's a pillock for even trying that tbh but hey, results don't lie.

Old 18-03-20, 10:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Looking awesome. If it is a gaming only rig I would sincerely recommend you to go with 9900K, or new 10900K if it is out by the time you build it. 2080 Ti Kingpin is a glorious card but it will give you less performance than a bog-standard blower 2080 Ti on 9700K because 3950X just can't cope with it. If it is any other card or build I am happy to recommend AMD CPUs, but with kingpin AMD CPU is pointless.
Old 18-03-20, 10:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet View Post
Looking awesome. If it is a gaming only rig I would sincerely recommend you to go with 9900K, or new 10900K if it is out by the time you build it. 2080 Ti Kingpin is a glorious card but it will give you less performance than a bog-standard blower 2080 Ti on 9700K because 3950X just can't cope with it. If it is any other card or build I am happy to recommend AMD CPUs, but with kingpin AMD CPU is pointless.
So you think there's a difference at 4k?

I strongly doubt that.

Never heard the 3950x called pointless before lol.

Also. The 9900k is at best 10% faster at 1080p.

I can't see the 10 core Intel being any faster as it's only 2 more cores and I'd hate to overspend on what will be a dead socket within a year.

Old 19-03-20, 12:34 AM
OC3D Elite

Yeah I kinda LOLed, there's nothing the 3950x can't cope with. That CPU is beast. You went crazy spending, this is entertaining to watch, LOL!

Old 19-03-20, 12:45 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Yeah I kinda LOLed, there's nothing the 3950x can't cope with. That CPU is beast. You went crazy spending, this is entertaining to watch, LOL!
You can't use air GPUs in the case. That's probably why there's none around. I like that though.

1350 or so buys you a 120 AIO hybrid. £1500 buys you a 240 AIO hybrid. TBH the vrm and screen and copper made it worth it.

If this thing can survive LN2 and has full unlocked voltage and last longer due to the sheer overkill s**t I'm in.

Bottom line? It's faster than a Titan and £500 less. Top warranty too.

You know I just watched that kid from actually hardcore overclocking and unless you want top end Lan he says get the board I got. Even for LN2 the 12 phase VRM is bullet proof.

I'm very happy. So yeah, the kingpin might "only" be 10% faster than a regular 2080ti but it's still faster. I bet it'll last longer too. Ample cooling and overbuilt to almost insane levels. It's a work of art.