Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 15-05-17, 09:27 AM
WYP's Avatar
WYP WYP is offline
News Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 17,642
AMD Radeon Vega GPU specifications leak on CompuBench database

Specifications for an upcoming AMD Radeon Vega GPU have leaked on the CompuBench database, coming with more VRAM than expected and some very high clock speeds.



Read more on AMD's Vega GPU specifications leak.
__________________
_______________________________
Twitter - @WYP_PC
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15-05-17, 12:03 PM
GrahamC GrahamC is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 94
Hopefully shows that Vega will not be hamstrung be slow clocks, only time will tell though. Wishing AMD well with Vega, we need the competition.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15-05-17, 12:13 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 14,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamC View Post
Hopefully shows that Vega will not be hamstrung be slow clocks, only time will tell though. Wishing AMD well with Vega, we need the competition.
We need cheaper prices

1600 is still far off of well over 2ghz.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15-05-17, 12:40 PM
GrahamC GrahamC is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
We need cheaper prices

1600 is still far off of well over 2ghz.
True but 1500 has been theorised to match the 1080ti in speed. IF that's correct then 'handbrake off' No idea how correct that is but it could be a good sign.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15-05-17, 01:07 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 14,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamC View Post
True but 1500 has been theorised to match the 1080ti in speed. IF that's correct then 'handbrake off' No idea how correct that is but it could be a good sign.
It's likely that Vega will perform better in DX12.

Ugh, so much unknown. One thing I do know is that if this card is $599 as rumour suggests it will be £599+ which prices me out.

Ah well, roll on the 70 series Volta I suppose.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15-05-17, 01:13 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
It's likely that Vega will perform better in DX12.

Ugh, so much unknown. One thing I do know is that if this card is $599 as rumour suggests it will be £599+ which prices me out.

Ah well, roll on the 70 series Volta I suppose.
There will likely be the £400 and £500 version. I imagine the £400 card will be above the 1070 in performance, the £500 version will be above the 1080, and the £600 will be just before the 1080Ti in the majority of benchmarks and as you said match it or beat it in specific DX12/Vulkan games that favour AMD.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16-05-17, 11:39 AM
BuGGzLuVaGAMING BuGGzLuVaGAMING is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Telford Shropshire
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
We need cheaper prices

1600 is still far off of well over 2ghz.
I don't think you can compare the two, Clock speedwise.

The Two company's GPUs work in completely different ways buddy.

This is awesome news though,
as the first Benches, i saw leaked for a form of Vega was @1200Mhz, and if I remeber correctly.

It was also on par with the 1070, now with that Huge Boost in MHz on the core it would be on Par at least with the 1080 witch is Great news.

Adding everything together now I'm extremely exited for Vega.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16-05-17, 12:03 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 14,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGGzLuVaGAMING View Post
I don't think you can compare the two, Clock speedwise.

The Two company's GPUs work in completely different ways buddy.

This is awesome news though,
as the first Benches, i saw leaked for a form of Vega was @1200Mhz, and if I remeber correctly.

It was also on par with the 1070, now with that Huge Boost in MHz on the core it would be on Par at least with the 1080 witch is Great news.

Adding everything together now I'm extremely exited for Vega.
We'll see if the clock disparity matters.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 15-05-17, 01:39 PM
AlienALX's Avatar
AlienALX AlienALX is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 14,075
Division was easily handled by my Titan X. Never liked Dishonored, so screw 2. Watch Dogs 2? I did download that and play through the intro part and it seemed fine on my Fury X. It didn't interest me much though.

Again Deus Ex not my cuppa at all. Downloaded it played for less than an hour. However, did note it ran like turd, barely scraping 30 FPS @ 1440p ultra.

Problem is none of those franchises really appeal to me at all. If Fallout 5 came out? hell yeah, I would be first in the line for a new GPU if I needed it. Thing is that could be years off.

Next game I want is South Park TFBW but again, massive delays. Oh, and Dead Island 2 but that has vanished completely

For the past few days I've been getting the urge to play Fallout 3 again. That's how bad it is.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 15-05-17, 01:42 PM
AngryGoldfish's Avatar
AngryGoldfish AngryGoldfish is offline
Old N Gold
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
Division was easily handled by my Titan X. Never liked Dishonored, so screw 2. Watch Dogs 2? I did download that and play through the intro part and it seemed fine on my Fury X. It didn't interest me much though.

Again Deus Ex not my cuppa at all. Downloaded it played for less than an hour. However, did note it ran like turd, barely scraping 30 FPS @ 1440p ultra.

Problem is none of those franchises really appeal to me at all. If Fallout 5 came out? hell yeah, I would be first in the line for a new GPU if I needed it. Thing is that could be years off.

Next game I want is South Park TFBW but again, massive delays. Oh, and Dead Island 2 but that has vanished completely

For the past few days I've been getting the urge to play Fallout 3 again. That's how bad it is.
I know the feeling. Older games are keeping me quite contented. I think if you're a single player guy, we're really not being treated well recently. If you're an online nut then you have such a huge variety to have fun with. The Division, GTA V, BF1, Titanfall 2, COD, Rainbow Six Siege, Battlegrounds, Ghost Recon, just so much fun times with mates can be had. Not so for solo gamers like myself.
__________________
ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero ⁞⁞ Ryzen 1600X 4Ghz ⁞⁞ Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT ⁞⁞ Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps ⁞⁞ G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz
Jonsbo W2 ⁞⁞ Corsair AX760 ⁞⁞ Pexon PC ⁞⁞ Samsung 960 EVO 250GB & 850 EVO 500GB
⁞⁞ Western Digital 1TB Blue & 3TB Green
BenQ XL2730Z ⁞⁞ Mixonix Naos 7000 ⁞⁞ Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown ⁞⁞ Audio-GD NFB-15 ⁞⁞ EVE SC205 ⁞⁞ AKG K7XX
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 11:36 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.