Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > Introductions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 02-12-13, 02:49 PM
n3c496 n3c496 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 12
N00b from Portugal introducing himself and asking for some help

Hey guys!

New here to the forum although I've followed your Facebook page for a while now
I'm from Portugal, I'm 17 years old and although I don't have a gaming rig, I simply love seeing other people's rigs and battlestations and I would love to know more about modding and all that kind of neat stuff

That actually brings me to a question: is this forum appropriate for me to ask for advice on choosing the parts and building a computer? Because with Christmas coming up I might finally be able to build my own computer if not earlier even, only problem is I don't know what parts to pick nor what budget to aim for and reddit doesn't seem to be helping me out much - I think they don't like me there, no one has answered me xD

Anyway, cheers!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-12-13, 03:03 PM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,361
Welcome to OC3D.

You can ask for personal advice in the New Build Advice Section and have a look at previous threads in there to see what was recently recommended for a particular need.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-12-13, 03:08 PM
n3c496 n3c496 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
Welcome to OC3D.

You can ask for personal advice in the New Build Advice Section and have a look at previous threads in there to see what was recently recommended for a particular need.
Well thank you for the fast response I think I'm gonna just finish off some studying I need to do and then I'll head over there, see what you guys advise me; I might just copy paste what I said in the posts I did on reddit because believe me, it took me a very long time to write and I can't afford to lose as much time as that again xD so, sorry in advance :S

Thanks again
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-12-13, 03:17 PM
SPS SPS is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 6,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3c496 View Post
Well thank you for the fast response I think I'm gonna just finish off some studying I need to do and then I'll head over there, see what you guys advise me; I might just copy paste what I said in the posts I did on reddit because believe me, it took me a very long time to write and I can't afford to lose as much time as that again xD so, sorry in advance :S

Thanks again
No problem

We have a basic guide on how to ask for advice, here. This is just to make it easier for us, so that we don't have to ask loads of questions before we can present some advice.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-12-13, 03:22 PM
n3c496 n3c496 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS View Post
No problem

We have a basic guide on how to ask for advice, here. This is just to make it easier for us, so that we don't have to ask loads of questions before we can present some advice.
Thanks again, I actually had already bookmarked that thread as soon as you pointed me to the section :P You'll be seeing me there soon
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-12-13, 04:19 PM
MadShadow MadShadow is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: St Andrews, Scotland
Posts: 3,297
Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-12-13, 09:17 PM
Jordan Jordan is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 294
Welcome
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-12-13, 12:12 AM
TonyTBR's Avatar
TonyTBR TonyTBR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chester, Cheshire
Posts: 199
Welcome to the forums dude
__________________
Intel 3770k - MSi Z77 GD65 Gaming- Corsair H100i - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LP - MSi GTX 780 OC Gaming - 1Tb Seagate Barracuda - SanDisk 120Gb Extreme - Corsair AX860i - BitFenix Alchemy Extension Cables
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT. The time now is 07:06 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.