Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 18-05-18, 09:54 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Yeah FC5 is fun and with co-op it's just hilarious. I don't own but watched a few friends play
It's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant and an absolute ton of laughs. We've probably played it every single way you are not supposed to (hence why it's taking us so long, because we just get a boss interested then bugger off to another county) but my god we've had some serious laughs. You can create so much of your own fun it's crazy. I still remember when I first found the flame thrower and set so much stuff on fire we had to stand in the middle of it all for 15 mins before we could move out

So far we've killed off one boss, and are probably like 20+ hours in but it's been a riot from start to finish.

BTW as I've been in my sick bed for a few days few things I keep meaning to say about S2 but forgetting..

First off when I said the game was a beautiful mess I meant just that. It was a total mess. Hardly anything worked properly, and IIRC they did an interview with one of the lead devs BITD and he said it would have taken them another two years at least to get the game where they wanted it. So much was left out because it was so badly broken (like driving cars etc) and yes modders could hack it back in to work but none of it worked properly. However, even with all of that said the game was pure gold and had the most amazing moments.

I also mentioned how the bad guys were a crack shot? well even the mod to fix that made you a better shot yes, but it made them so good it didn't really help much at all. Much like many of the other mods. STALKER was a case of a developer versus a greedy publisher who just wanted money. As usual. Thus the game was far from finished.

I hope that S2 still has that edge though. You know? not all of that hollywood polish. That was a huge part of why STALKER was so good.

I don't mind co op at all. In fact, for me to even take the game seriously it needs co op. Otherwise it will just be another sequel, and COP was more than good enough for that.

STALKER had that B game feeling about it. Kinda like Dead Island, and I loved that too. I want them to try and retain that.

Old 18-05-18, 10:45 AM
OC3D Elite

STALKER crushed my pc back in the day. That atmosphere though was amazing. Played Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat as well but could never get Clear Sky to run anywhere near playable rates. Mind you it was only on a Q6400 and a GTX260 IIRC may even have been in the Geforce 9800 days.
Really looking forward to this. Might dust off the old dvd drive and see if the original still works.

@ALienALX Dead island is just the right amount of corny. Just like a good B Grade movie.

Old 18-05-18, 10:51 AM
OC3D Elite

Clear Sky was flat out broken. I have a mag here from BITD with a review in, and it scored very little with the hopes modders could fix it lol.

Old 18-05-18, 10:51 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
It's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant and an absolute ton of laughs.
I just watched a video of FC5 where someone took drugs, ran up to a bear and punched it in the nose sending it 30m skyward...

These red neck narcotics are on a whole new level.
Old 18-05-18, 10:53 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warchild View Post
I just watched a video of FC5 where someone took drugs, ran up to a bear and punched it in the nose sending it 30m skyward...

These red neck narcotics are on a whole new level.
haha. Testy Festy was my fave. Was screaming with laughter the whole time. The bit where "Disco Inferno" by the tramps plays is hilarious too (though I won't say any more than that 'cause spoilers).

You can definitely have a riot. We've got a cougar and a bear now, full trained. They can both revive you too.