Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Cases & Power

Old 16-05-18, 10:22 PM
OC3D Crew

Help me choose a case

Hi all!

Nope, I'm not dead (yet). Just been exceptionally busy with work and 2young rug rats. As a result all off my planned projects and personal jobs have been put on hold for a while.

Those that know me (or that remember back far enough) will remember that one of these projects was a custom build cube case. While that is still on the cards, it is a very long way off, and I'm in a position where i need to reduce the depth and of my current rig. To that end I'm now looking for a pre manufactured case, and in that my options appear to be quite small.

Requirements:
White
Dual chamber design
Big enough to handle a 360mm rad and a 240mm rad, both 60mm deep
Able to handle At least 4 hdds (1 mechanical 3.5")
I'm open to the idea of a matx/itx case, but i think the rad sizes make most/all of those unfeasible.

If i lose the white requirement this would work, i think (thermaltake core x5)http://www.pccasegear.com/products/3...5-cube-chassis

But i suspect that it would require quite heavy modding to stop it from being a dust magnet.

So far, i my own digging I've only found the corsair air 540 that i think meets all of the requirements:
http://www.pccasegear.com/products/2...e-arctic-white

While i have no doubt about this as an option, I'm looking now to see if anyone else has come across anything in their travels?

Also any owners of a Corsair Air 540 want to weigh in and confirm the rad compatibility for me please? (If it makes a difference; my rads are alphacool).

Thanks mates!