Go Back   OC3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 11-10-19, 06:03 PM
The Guvnor

GRID PC Performance Review and Optimisation Guide

GRID has returned to the forefront of the racing scene, but does it run well on modern PC hardware?

GRID PC Performance Review and Optimisation Guide

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 11-10-19, 08:11 PM
OC3D Elite

Was interesting to see the 5700xt so close to the 2070S and with a nicer image
ASUS Prime x370 Pro | Ryzen 5 1600 | Antec 240 AIO | Corsair Vengance RGB 3000 2 x 8Gb | Asus Strix RX 470 | Samsung Evo 120gb ssd | Seagate Baracuda 1tb storage | EVGA 500w | Phanteks Entho ProM Acrylic Window | Windows 10 and Linux Manjaro
Old 12-10-19, 12:47 AM

i was expecting more

With dx11 my vega is 9% faster. However with dx12, i can use radeon image sharpening.
Dx11 is also better with my GTX980. I am waiting for a Sli profile.

The game looks ok but Forza 7 or Forza horizon 4, destroy GRID in term of visual quality and performance
Old 12-10-19, 01:36 AM
OC3D Elite

Feels bad to give rather harsh critique to people whose word I take as canon in other hardware like cases, but these performance comparison videos don't convey much information even if you overlay the FPS of each benchmark run.

There should be more, even if it's just fraps bench viewer (link) graph, FCAT being the gold standard, but when DigitalOcean gives pretty deep analysis of where the GPUs fare well or badly compared to their competition, there's not much these offer over their analysis. And I understand the massive amount of work involved in that, but at the moment this looks like a whole lot of extra work for content which others do better.
Old 12-10-19, 11:17 AM
News Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by looz View Post
Feels bad to give rather harsh critique to people whose word I take as canon in other hardware like cases, but these performance comparison videos don't convey much information even if you overlay the FPS of each benchmark run.

There should be more, even if it's just fraps bench viewer (link) graph, FCAT being the gold standard, but when DigitalOcean gives pretty deep analysis of where the GPUs fare well or badly compared to their competition, there's not much these offer over their analysis. And I understand the massive amount of work involved in that, but GID PC performance
What I'll say here is that you can't expect anyone that's starting something new to come out with AAA-class content immediately. It takes time to learn things and as we learn more things will get better.

If you can, please PM me some links to this DigitalOcean. I've never heard of them and would like to see what they can do. Googling them isn't showing me anything outside of web hosting services.
Old 12-10-19, 08:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Digitalfoundry, sorry I got my cloud providers mixed with tech tuber.s